Shaking steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaking steering wheel

Ok so i can not get my steering wheel to stop shaking. It shakes in the 55-70 range like a bad tire. I have replaced within the last four months
    Upper ball joints
    Lower ball joints
    All four tires and re balanced
    Tie rods on steering rack
    Both axles
    Both axles again and half shaft
    Front rotors
    And passenger side lower control arm

I have a 92 ex coupe five speed with H22a and f22 trans.
    Five lug conversion with 01 tl spindles

I was wondering if it could be the steering rack itself because i have no power steering
    Or if its a by product of being lowered 3 1/2 to 4 inches. What confuses me the most is that sometimes it goes away but only for a short period.
    My other thought is wheel bearings or the radius rod bushings. Any ideas please

"Good judgement comes from experience,
    alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Mine turned out to be a bad axle. 3 of them. After replacing about all the same stuff you did. I bought some Drive shaft shop axles and haven't looked back.

They cost more. But I only had to do it once.

steve

Comment

Or wheel bearing...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What kind of tires? sometimes bad alignment or camber will make a tire wear out quickly especially if its a low end tire that is a softer compound
        " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Beerings doesnt shake.

Damaged rim, tire (I know you said you changed them recently), a malfunctioning new axle?

New parts can be DOA you know
          Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
            Beerings doesnt shake.

Damaged rim, tire (I know you said you changed them recently), a malfunctioning new axle?

New parts can be DOA you know
            wtf you talking about "beerings doesnt shake" sure they can its called runout.

I just changed my CD's driver side bearing...what do you know, the horrible grinding noise went away(obviously)..the shimmy during braking is gone and all is well in the land of Nod. I thought my cheap rotors warped months ago and it wasnt a big deal, then the bearing got to be really noisy and I could feel play in it during driving.

OP since youve gone and thrown almost every part you can at it EXCEPT bearings, thatd be my guess. You can get a pair with the hubs pressed in for a hundo @ am autoparts. I have a pair from them on my CB for almost 3 years now. No problems.

good luck.

Oh NVM didnt see you converted to 5 lug. so forget the am autopart, part. :P
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 06-23-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Im starting to think it is the wheel bearing. Im starting to notice a hum in the front and i do notice a little drifting on the highway and randomly there a shake durring braking that made me think the rotors went bad.

The tires are two master craft and two michillen.

But i did just rotate the tires the other day also and no change.

"Good judgement comes from experience,
              alot of that comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Working...
              X