Tein Basics or NEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tein Basics or NEX

Tein Basic or NEX coilovers? Need to make that decision within a week. Droppin the wagon as soon the school is over. I heard a lot of good things about both. Tein has a great rep and quality but no upper mounts. NEX are great too, cheaper and have the upper mounts. which ones???
    Tein Basic Coilovers
    72.73%
    NEX Coilovers
    27.27%
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

bump ^^^ any coments and/or opinions are welcome
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

if i had to go with one... i would say tein. the nex's look nice but theyre not widely used enough for me to trust them. i personally would go with one not listed. from what i hear, if youre gonna get tein's at all the basics arent worth it. but of course, thats just what i hear. get what you like.

Comment

go with something proven. this may change your mind...http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1219557

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

well as he says he bought the coilovers after 3 years of use (dont know if they were abused or what) i been doing my research for a while now on different types of set ups in my price range. I heard of the Apexi WS coilovers craping out after 2 years too after buying them new. The NEX ones are pretty popular with many subaru owners and ZigenBallZ had them on as well and he loved them. I think what is comes down to is how you drive and how they are taken care of. With my tight budget i cant justify spending extra $200 for coilovers when i can get the NEX with pillow mounts. Tein is awsome but expemsive for me.
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

hey man how much are u gona spend on it. and is that a full coil over kit or just the coil overs.
            i would say go with teins because i have heard a lot of good stuff about them.
            and by the way before u do the drop u might wanna buy that poly bush kit for the front end. all the bushings in the 14 year old car are going down the toilet now so replace them before u drop. since u tere i would suggest to replace the lower ball joint. its only $50 a piece at Honda dealer i belive.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

thanx for the tips klevis. I was gonna definetaly do the bushings when i drop. As for the coilovers im want a full coil set-up. I found the NEX for 550 shipped and thats pushing my budget. I would love to go with tein if i had the extra $200. Keep in mind that in addition to the 550 ill have to also get a camber kit and the bushing and maybe the ball joints. Few guys on here have them and have had no probs at all. I think ill take the chance and get them. Its all about taking care of your stuff - goes for everything, not only suspension.
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

well for the price they have its not that bad. u should check their warranty on the set. a good camber kit will run u about $100 and another 100 for the lower ball joint. then 150 for the full poly kit bushings i belive or u can get it for $75.....
                i was gona say to put a sway bar and a straut towwer bar but i think u have both of them so u set on that aspect. all u have to do is a back straut bar and u done with the suspension work on the cb9......
                wow now i understand some of the guys that 1 year ago told me that i would need at least $1000 to finish a decent suspension work on the cb7. lol
                let me know if u need any help when u install these stuff.

Comment

my $.02

If I had to choose between the two listed I'd go tein. but I'd ratheir get something a little better...

I'll share a little bit of research I've done on suspension though. I've been searching for a different suspension for about 6 months. Looked over a ton of brands, then narrowed it down to three brands...

Omnipower $650:
                  These are good TRUE coilovers. Seems like everyone on Honda-Tech has them They aren't really all that great though after a more indepth searching on them. But they are still great for the basic lowering job. They just aren't adjustable which is teh big reason why I don't really want them. Kteller has a decent warrenty system, one year from omni and one year from kteller, for a total of 2 years... Not bad at all I'd much ratheir have some good adjusable shocks...
                  I've herad of some of the omnis bursting though after only 6-8 months of use. They seem to be doing pretty well.

D2 ~$800:
                  These Share the same TRUE coilover design of the omnis, but with more adjustment options.
                  These have the most adjustments of the three I'm listing, BOTH Bump and Rebound. Lots of springrats to choose from as well. the warrenty is something that I didn't really like the sound of. IIRC the warrenty is for only 1 year. However the warrenty is good for BOTH racing and daily driving
                  These are very durable shocks, still having trouble deciding between these and the next ones.

Neuspeed Koni Yellows $599:
                  These are probably what I'm going to go with soon. They've (koni) been in the suspension game for a LONG time, so they know their stuff. Neuspeed added a couple perches for a little more hight tuning, which is a big plus for those with just springs. You'll need to get some adaptors for a few bux if you want to get some coilovers. But I'm probably going to go with the Neuspeed Super Cup Kit it includes Neuspeed lowering springs and it's only $599 which is the cheapest of the bunch here. Koni has a lifetime warrenty on their shocks, however racing on them voids the warrenty If I remember correctly. Also the konis are adjustable shocks with a wide adjustment range.
                  Last edited by pwrusr; 04-26-2005, 12:05 AM.
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

yea klevis, they have a year warranty so thats pretty good. Your right about the camber kit and all the other stuff so you can see the expense lol. Ill be installing these at my friends house in SW philly on lindbergh ave so ill let u know when and you can come down if you want. (We are going to pick up his new car-eclipse gsx this thursday so you can check that out )

As for pwrusr thats good info man, thanx. I wanted to go with the omni ones but the spring rates are way to stiff for my wagon. I would get them for a coupe or a sedan but the ride might really suck in a wagon. I know they are good but very stiff at the same time. ZigenBallZ told me that they are very similar to NEX design and the only difference are the springs.

Pay day tomm so ill be ordering them soon
                    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

let me know. i already started to change some bushings in the front end. next are the lower control arm bushings.
                      what is the spring rate on these NEX and do the shocks have adjustment options?

i already have $700 but i don't know what to do with them lol...... i was thinking of putting it into the suspension then again i don't want to spend that much money on this car.

but let me know when u do that. i am free on sundays all day...

Comment

how hard was the replacement of the bushings? im not sure on the # for the spring rate but they are stiffer than tein basic but very comfortable. I was told the ride is comparable to a corvette or a porsche Ill let you know when im workin on the stuff.
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Don't forget Dropzone- $350 for adjustible sleeves and MATCHED shocks. 450lb/in in front and 350lb/in the back; I'm gonna run the shocks and the rear sleeves in front with my Tanabes in the back this summer; I'll keep you guys posted. My only fear is threads slipping.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                          X