No announcement yet.

Clacking Noise when I hit a bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also replaced the coil springs myself & because of it could replace struts myself if need be, but mine were fine. At AutoZone it cost $30 for a 2-jaw style coil spring compressor, then with an allen wrench, couple combo wrenches, vise, torque wrench, wratchet it's all good. Oh yea, power tools help in removing the lower bolt on the strut, but u can prolly work it by hand...just takes longer.

if any of you have any questions, let me know. be happy to help
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Did the work my self for free bought tha busging at a junkyard for 2 dollars pep boyz was gonna madd ripp me off!

Comment

Re: Clacking Noise

Originally posted by JDMH22Accord
        My car has been making this ugly clacking noise on tha right front side when I hit a bump or something could this be my strut? How much do you think it will run me?
        my car made a creaking sound from the broken springs rubbing on the blown struts now it clunks over bumps from the front tie bar not being tightened all the way onto the bottom of the car. its always something.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

JDMH22Accord:

That's tight yo. Glad ya saved some $$$ and learned something new.

But what exactly did ya replace?

Comment

The control arm bushing washer and bolt mine was missing all 3 so the noise was metal hittin metal and my tire was moving left and right

Comment

this might work in this post. my rear coilovers clunk every time i go over even the smallest bump. i have brand new tokico hp blues, new coilovers(LSR). i cannot find the problem. my car is dropped any where from 1.5-2 inches. sounds like i bottom out every time. checked the bar that goes over the tire and it is not hitting anything so what is the problem? i don't what to do.(help) the front is fine it is just the rear. with or without weight in the trunk it does it.
              www.rms-usa.com

Comment

check the condition of your tokico blues in the rear....make sure they are not leaking. ur coil-over sleeves are hella stiff springs & ur tokico blues are really not designed for that stiffness...so depending on where you live & how many potholes u encountered, etc you may have blown one or both of them out already.

Comment

i live in az and we don't have potholes. my blues are fine. nothing wrong. some people have said that the sleeves are coming up off of the perch and slamming back down. i have the sleeve on there super tight but my weight compared to my cars weight is a big difference. i thought about putting set screws into the sleeve and into the material behind it. i have pulled my rear suspension out about 15 times with in the past 2 months.
                  www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Working...
                  X