No announcement yet.

Check This Out Omni Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, im not really sure how a shop couldnt "preload" the spring when installing. I guess it could be done, but common sense would tell you to compress it first. Unfortunately, it sounds like they were just making up an excuse... you bit, so it worked. At least they are sending you a new one, but if one broke like that just driving around on roads, I would hate to see what would happen to them if you actually put stress on them.

Comment

bump
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

This is one of the more disturbing things I've seen lately. Hope they hold up in the future.
        members/ride | the/website
        180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

yeah i think the Omni companie tried to "beat around the bush" to shrug off their product. Ive installed shocks before and honestly there is no special way lol. What is that Omni guy talkin about????!

I am no longer using this forum name.
          You can find me as
          jdm_inspired...
          I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

how do you know the shop didnt fuck that one up? droped it or something? thats why i always like to do things my self.
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              WOW Unbelievable, well best of luck, lets see how they handle it. hopefully this is a defect on some of them. but eeek. insert shamless plug here -tein-

You know you have the most ignorant comments ever. And you charge people alot for used products.

Im not saying omnis are the best, but for every negative thing you say, im gona find a negative for your Teins.

Quotes from this link.

I had teins for 2 years. only adjusted the suspension like 4-5 times when i first got it. I never tracked my car, just something nice on the street. Rode like a dream. I hit one bad bad pothole on the freeway, busted a shock mount, and my shocks blew out after the first year. Now i cant vouch for omni..........But i was in the market to get some omni's *seem beefier, and i love the adjustment of the height system, compared to the tein SS*
              I swapped out my teins for some........coils similar to ksport and d2. and my new coilovers right just as smooth, handle a lil bit better, and are just as tight *stiff and controlled* as my teins. but have a better height adjustment system *sorry keep for getting the term for when u adjust ur height from the bottom*

so i wouldnt personally go tein unless it was the FLEX or a higher model. I guess i went tein 2 years ago because for the price around 900 it was the best product out there for a all in one coilover * i dont do the sleeve/shock combo thing* ok and some jdm bling

Just some insight.

my teins went to junk in 3 months. chipped paint problems with the threads. they have good customer service, but hey why spend MORE for LESS.

the word PERFORMANCE and TEIN SS are not compatable.

i have had both. the SS was my first full coilover. though it was very well suited for daily driving, these could not handle anything more than a trip to the convenience store.

omnis had a similar feel to my zeal B2's(14k/10k) but due to the lower spring rates, kept my tires on the ground which made it, in my opinion, a better suited system for my area. they were much more DD based. but could definately take a beating. one problem i couldn't get passed, and ultimately the reason for gettting rid of them, was the lack of dampening. the high speed bumps were handled very well with the omnis. but on low speed dumps the car would buck back and forth too much which made the car feel very unstable. im not 100% on the technical end of things but i'm pretty sure this was caused by weak rebound dampening(gurus correct me if i'm wrong here). the threads also began to rust pretty quickly. we use salt here but they realy shouldnt have looked so bad after a couple months of use.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=16367368

Comment

^^well said... i think someone just got 3'd

Comment

nah not realy casue i still havent seen a tein that cracked in half ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                    nah not realy casue i still havent seen a tein that cracked in half ROFL
                    Your so right, they crack cars i forgot.. stupid me..

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                      Your so right, they crack cars i forgot.. stupid me..

i hate stuff that gets ugly like this...phat is just saying that you have a mouth and everything you like is great and everything else is shit. i happen to love my omnis. my friends se-r has teins and they feel good too. u made your choice. i made mine. your opinion and experience is respected but your criticism is unnecessary.
                      I hate thieves!

Comment

i did not crash because of my suspension but i will tell you that my suspension did survive the crash? and well sadly yoru omnis couldnt survive a pothole.

Comment

damn that really sucks, but i bet any manufacturer has some issues with their stuff at some point or another. as for the tein ss coilovers they freaking suck. i have them on my integra and i am sorry i did not spend the money on koni and ground controls.

Comment

Why do the *suck*
                            Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                              wtf have u been flip?
                              lol lurk mode man

really trying to stay out of the flaming wars...I'm actually considering some omnis even now that I just got a brand new set of koni yellows on my races...I just want some major height adjustability...I dunno though...the yellows have a lifetime warranty

My members ride thread

Comment

you dont see a tein crack in half is because its a metal Steel body, and Omni is a aluminum body, aluminum is a softer metal hence it cracked easyer and yes you do have to preload the spring during the install my friend had to do it on his buddy club coilovers too... and buddy club aint no .. made in taiwan company.

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

Working...
                                X