Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H&R Sports for 98-02 Accord V6 fitting our CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R Sports for 98-02 Accord V6 fitting our CB7?

Well, long story short, I got ripped off by a local guy tonight..I bought a set of H&R Sports off him, believing that the springs were taken off a CB Accord...Well, that's what he told me n e wayz..ANd then I came home, checked the H&R website, and found out that the springs that I bought is actually made for 98-02 Accord V6 I know I know, I feel stupid myself, plz don't flame me for my stupidity

My question is, is it still possible to fit these springs on my car?? I'm not sure if anyone had ever tried this before...Most likely not, but I might as well ask n e wayz...I was talking to my friend about it, and he said that if the springs do fit our cars, it could be a good thing, since 98-02 V6 are way heavier than the CB7, and thus stiffer springs...I'm not sure how much it's goin to lower the car tho, assuming that it'd fit..On the H&R site, it says that H&R Sports for 98-02 V6 only lowers 1.5" front, and 1.2" rear...

I guess it'd be smart if I would've measured the length and diameter of those springs and post it on here, that way you guys who's played around wtih springs a lot can kinda help me out and at least get some idea...But it's in the trunk of my car, and it's late..Maybe I'll take the measurement tomorrow...but I guess everything comes down to whether or not the diameter of the springs is small enough so that it will sit properly on the shocks...

Anyways, I'm not so sure if this is a rant, or a bunch of questions...I'm kinda pissed off at myself right now..But at some point, I'm still hoping that I might still be able to use these springs....Any advice, help or opinion would be highly appreciated guys...Thx a bunch

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Yeah go measure the length of the springs. I've done some on the springs I have...I think the stock fronts are like 15" uncompressed and the rears are something ridiculous like 17" uncompressed, and my Tanabes were like 13.5 and 15 or something like that. Try it out...it'll give us some more options if they fit.

The only thing is the rears have to be a little wider (like 4" in diameter) so that it doesn't "sink" into that little recession around the shock shaft. I wanted to put coilovers on all around but that little issue stopped me.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah I will measure the length and the diameter later on today..I know for sure that the ones for the rear are wider than the fronts....What I'm afraid is that the rear springs would be too big, 'coz the diameter seems a bit bigger than the stock springs...But then again, I haven't been able to compare them side by side, so I wouldn't know...The front ones look like they'll fit, but dunno about the rears...

Steve, that's what I thought at first...But like gloryaccordy said, I guess it all comes down to the length of the springs..I mean, if 98-02 Accords have shorter springs to begin with, then technically, these springs would lower my car more than they're supposed to...As for the harsh ride...Well, these are progressive springs, so I'm pretty sure they won't be so bad...Stiffer, definitely, since 6th gen Accord V6 weighs more than our CB7..But sometimes, stiffer is better..hehehehe We'll see how it goes tho..Thx for the concern bro..If these don't fit, then I'm definitely goin to sell 'em..But if they do, then I guess there's no harm in trying, right??

Does anyone know the exact measurements in terms of the diameter for springs that are made for our cars?? Jus so I have some numbers to compare....Any other advice or comments would be highly appreciated..Thanks a lot for the help guys

Ronald

Comment

allright here are the measurements for the springs so far...

Front - 12" (uncompressed)
        -- Inner Diameter - 4" top, 2.75" bottom

Rear - 14" (uncompressed)
        -- Inner Diameter - 4.5" top, 3.5" bottom

Plz let me know what you guys think...I seriously have no idea if these would fit my car or not...I hope some of you guys would know...Thx again..

Ronald

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          ..Sell them to somebody with the correct car.

^^^listen to him. why risk trying to make it fit, and risk damaging other suspension components. sell it, and use the $$$ to buy the correct drop springs for your cb7.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
          X