Squeek noise from poly bushings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeek noise from poly bushings..

2 month ago.. installed front and rear Suspension Techniques Sway bar.
    I am having too much squeek noise from the poly. bushings.

Any one know how to reduce the noise?

Thanks..
    Last edited by accordmaniac; 10-04-2005, 08:04 PM.
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

go to www.p-s-t.com and ask if they have polygraphite bushings for this S/T sway bar. These polygraphite bushings are polyurethane impregnated with graphite so they lubricate themselves. I have PST polygraphite bushings for my stock front sway bar and have a Progress rear sway bar (with their supplied poly bushings) and I get no squeaks due to sway bar. The only lil squeak type noise I get is from the Ingalls front camber kit because I have the poly bushing version when I take inclined entrances/where the front upper arms flex.

Another option is to integrate grease zerts into the bushings/brackets and grease them at certain intervals.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      go to www.p-s-t.com and ask if they have polygraphite bushings for this S/T sway bar. These polygraphite bushings are polyurethane impregnated with graphite so they lubricate themselves. I have PST polygraphite bushings for my stock front sway bar and have a Progress rear sway bar (with their supplied poly bushings) and I get no squeaks due to sway bar. The only lil squeak type noise I get is from the Ingalls front camber kit because I have the poly bushing version when I take inclined entrances/where the front upper arms flex.

Another option is to integrate grease zerts into the bushings/brackets and grease them at certain intervals.
      x2.....lubricate the bushings and u should be all set. also, if u just installed it, it will take time for the bushing to "break in" initialy there may be some squeaks. but after all the force applied to them they will ease up a lil and squeaks should cease to exist..
      My members ride thread

Comment

Wow.. Thank you for the quick replies..

Another question.
        Any recommendation on lubrication grease ?
        Last edited by accordmaniac; 10-05-2005, 10:57 AM.
        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
        X