Air Bags??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Bags??

I just ordered some 17" gunmetal rims with a polished lip. Along with these, I am getting 215/45/R17 tires and was wondering what everyone thinks about airbags. This seems to be the uncommon route to take since everyone else goes with springs/struts or a coilover setup. I am told Air Ride Technologies makes very nice air ride systems. What do you all think?

these two threads may help:
    first one
    second one

btw, accordlayinkit seems to our air ride guru

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Well first off, since we use a mcperhson(sp?) strut suspension, and you want the air ride you have two choices: Air struts, like bags used on trucks but smaller and made into the strut or Air cylinders (mine) which is just that, a cylinder that replaces the strut assembly. Air Ride Tech is a well established company as far as the truckin world is concerned, even though they offer air struts there not as common as other companies that specify for imports, though Im sure their products are just as good. If your wanting a COMPLETE kit, either look up AirRide or Air Lift Company...but if your really wanting to invest some $$$ I would recommend going with cylinders-HackShack, they wont ride quite as good as the struts, but generally they are quicker, stronger, more height adjustment...and more expensive.
      If you have any specific ?'s just ask and I'll try to answer.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

get airstruts in the front and cylinders in the rear with custom fab shocks on them.......thats what im gettin done for my rear and if the front dont lay just cut the strut tower so the control arm can have more clearance and itll drop some inches
        for sale= $2500 obo PLEASE SOMEONE BUY MY PROJECT CAR. I dont have time to work on it anymore. Full time job and DJ on weekends... no time for car ..PM me for more info

Comment

Originally posted by don19
          ...if the front dont lay just cut the strut tower so the control arm can have more clearance and itll drop some inches
          Thats not gonna make the struts lay out more....the problem with the struts not layin out is that the bag isnt long enough, there is no reason to cut the strut tower, because even if you had to, the tires will hit the fender well before the control arm will hit. On my cylinders the only thing thats stopping me from going lower is the fender wells are sittin on the tires and the piston-rod is almost the way in, but there still clearance for the control arm.

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Working...
          X