Sway bar bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway bar bushings

I replaces the sway bar bushings because they were completely gone and now I have alot of the sound they made gone. I still get a little sound over bumps. What could this be?

front or back?

Comment

Front

Comment

whats it sound like,if its not the front sway bar links,it could be control arm?ball joint,whens it happen?

Comment

Theres a squick and it kind of sounds like when the bushings were gone but a lot quicker. I replaced them last night and know its not them and now i can hear that noise because its not getting drowened out by it. And when I reverse and turn the wheel I get a noise(like metal on metal)

Comment

turning the wheel noisecould be cv joint,check the boots,i have a feeling the other squeek noise is the upper control arm.check the ball joints and upper control arm bushings for any cracking,also push up and downon your front fenders really fast and hard and listen,if either one squeeks its your control arm because that happen to me and it was the upper control arm.

Comment

i doubt your shocks are bad.

Comment

upper control arm. It has the bushing right near the fenderwell right? Well that one is crack and falling apart to. I just replaced my cv joints it is probably that right(the upper controll arm?

Comment

ya if those are cracked,thats your ball joint.when you fix that that annoying squeek will go away.did you push up and down on the fender?

Comment

oh ya when you buy the control arm the ball joint should come with it.

Comment

Yeah but it makes a sound but not a squick it make like a spring sound ? (I cant describe sounds very well)

Comment

i know that sound,its the control arm,it sounds likemore lower pitched than the squeek.thats your problem.easy fix.i drove on it like that for a year so your good for now.

Comment

Ok thanks How much that the controll arm cost you? I cant just replace the bushing?

Comment

your welcome,go to autozone.com look up your car.i got mine for $70.

Comment

My recomendation is to go to overboost or a local speed shop like Crow Speed in New Bedford you better off replacing the sway bars thats what I'm gonna try to do this summer..then Im gonna lower my car about an inch all the way around
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X