Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay suspension kit(tie rods, upper control arms)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay suspension kit(tie rods, upper control arms)

Has anyone had any good/bad experienced with these? I searched and came up empty handed.

My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

i got two of there control arms for 80 its been 1 month and there fine

Comment

I just bought that kit All I used were the tie rod ends upper control arms and lower ball joints but I've been rolling it for roughly 3 weeks now and I'm really happy with it so go for it man, I checked it all out before installation it's pretty quality stuff

Comment

hmm, i've also been thinking about buying the kit off ebay...
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I bought it and will update this thread as soon as I install it.
          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

armcan, right? I have the full kit... still need to install the tie rod ends and lower ball joints... but my uppers and sway bar bushings are just fine! I'd recommend it. Cheap enough to be easy on the wallet, and they're holding up well. It's been a good 6+ months for me.

Comment

Who actually makes the parts for that kit??
              Last edited by pwrusr; 03-07-2006, 12:03 AM. Reason: spelling pwnt me
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

I also have the kit from ebay. No problems here. Who knows who makes it. Who cares. If anything breaks, which it won't, I'll buy some more ebay parts. Ah Ebay...
                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Yeah, not a clue. They come wrapped in clear plastic, unmarked. They work though... better than my 15 year old crap!

Comment

Arm-Can Auto Parts

The fact is, there are 4 different grades of steering and chassis parts out in the market today.

There is the Original Equipment, factory installed part (only available through the new car dealers) that is a premium quality part but is also ridiculously overpriced.

Second, there is a “first line” name brand, chassis part that I would say is along the same lines (in terms of price and quality) as the OE. These are available through automotive parts stores like us and are comparable and in some cases better (improved) than the original but they are also very expensive. A name brand pair of ball joints for example can cost as much as 3-4 times of what we mostly sell in our e bay auctions BUT they will NOT last 3-4 times as much. Just like when you're buying any big name product, a big part of the price you're paying is for their high cost of advertising and marketing. Also what I'm seeing more and more lately on the boxes of these "supposed to be made in the USA" parts is the fact that they are being imported from such countries as Korea, Spain, Turkey etc. So these big names have started to cut down their costs considerably while their selling price remains high. We do by the way, also carry all the chassis and steering parts we have listed, in a MOOG and SPICER brands. We do not actively list them in our auctions because we feel they are overpriced. However, if you need a price quote, please e mail us.

Third, there is a "economy" chassis part (what we sell in our e Bay auctions ) that gives the best compromise between quality and price. This line is imported or manufactured by reputable warehouses and distributed through big name part stores and also smaller stores like us. Boxed under a private brand, they are subjected to quality control and are warrantied. This is the best selling line for most parts stores in North America and is a very high quality part at an excellent price. The particular brand we carry is called "Chassis 1" and is distributed here in Toronto by a very reputable warehouse that also sells the same brand to a few big "Franchise Part Stores" (I'm not supposed to mention any names so I won't). We have been selling this line for the last 6 years at both of our stores without any problems.

* Finally, there is the "third line". These are the factory rejected "white box" parts. These parts look and install fine but have actually failed the tolerance checks at the factory. They are still useable for a while (although not recommended) and are available at an even cheaper price through liquidators. The real test will come a month or two down the road when that "new" ball joint you bought needs replacing again. Not only will you have to buy a new part but you will have to do all the work (or pay for it) of installing it again. Most Auto Parts Stores (including us) will not carry this low quality merchandise. We have been offered such parts at incredible savings over what we normally carry. There are ball joints and tie rod ends being offered to us simply by the weight in steel. We just tell them NO. We can but we will NOT carry such cheap merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
                      Arm-Can Auto Parts

The fact is, there are 4 different grades of steering and chassis parts out in the market today.

There is the Original Equipment, factory installed part (only available through the new car dealers) that is a premium quality part but is also ridiculously overpriced.

Second, there is a “first line” name brand, chassis part that I would say is along the same lines (in terms of price and quality) as the OE. These are available through automotive parts stores like us and are comparable and in some cases better (improved) than the original but they are also very expensive. A name brand pair of ball joints for example can cost as much as 3-4 times of what we mostly sell in our e bay auctions BUT they will NOT last 3-4 times as much. Just like when you're buying any big name product, a big part of the price you're paying is for their high cost of advertising and marketing. Also what I'm seeing more and more lately on the boxes of these "supposed to be made in the USA" parts is the fact that they are being imported from such countries as Korea, Spain, Turkey etc. So these big names have started to cut down their costs considerably while their selling price remains high. We do by the way, also carry all the chassis and steering parts we have listed, in a MOOG and SPICER brands. We do not actively list them in our auctions because we feel they are overpriced. However, if you need a price quote, please e mail us.

Third, there is a "economy" chassis part (what we sell in our e Bay auctions ) that gives the best compromise between quality and price. This line is imported or manufactured by reputable warehouses and distributed through big name part stores and also smaller stores like us. Boxed under a private brand, they are subjected to quality control and are warrantied. This is the best selling line for most parts stores in North America and is a very high quality part at an excellent price. The particular brand we carry is called "Chassis 1" and is distributed here in Toronto by a very reputable warehouse that also sells the same brand to a few big "Franchise Part Stores" (I'm not supposed to mention any names so I won't). We have been selling this line for the last 6 years at both of our stores without any problems.

* Finally, there is the "third line". These are the factory rejected "white box" parts. These parts look and install fine but have actually failed the tolerance checks at the factory. They are still useable for a while (although not recommended) and are available at an even cheaper price through liquidators. The real test will come a month or two down the road when that "new" ball joint you bought needs replacing again. Not only will you have to buy a new part but you will have to do all the work (or pay for it) of installing it again. Most Auto Parts Stores (including us) will not carry this low quality merchandise. We have been offered such parts at incredible savings over what we normally carry. There are ball joints and tie rod ends being offered to us simply by the weight in steel. We just tell them NO. We can but we will NOT carry such cheap merchandise.
                      i'm very glad you know how to use the copy and paste function.

as said before i'm sure the ebay susp. kit is a good OEM replacement, it may not be as good as direct replacement parts from the dealer, but i'm sure it will hold up.
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Just got my kit and I'm going to put it on this weekend I didn't buy it from armcan though like deev said I bought mine from hyper4hondas because all he deals with is hondas.
                        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Just recieved my kit as well. I will be installing it tomorrow morning. These parts look and feel.. "ok" Def not OEM, but alot better than some of these "lower" lines I have seen from the parts stores. I will update after install and after I get back from Detroit next week.. nothing like a 1600 mile trip to break in some new parts!!

Comment

I also bought a kit off hyper4hondas..Didn't get the one with the upper control arms tho..I jus bought the kit that came with the upper ball joints instead of the whole UCA...Cheaper, and this way I can still use my OEM UCA and the Energy Suspension bushings for them

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I bought off that arm-can guy, both of my upper balljoints, maybe 5 months installed, have rips or starting to rip where the rubber seem is on the boot, but I mean its not a huge deal.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                              X