HELP! front end is really high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! front end is really high

alright my front end sits really high and so does the rear for that matter too but the front end is waayy high as pictured below my question is how can i fix this... oreillys has spring spacers that can also compress but i looked at my front springs and they are already pretty compressed. so how can i fix this other than getting aftermarket springs and shocks?

bump

Comment

Yep or something like this.

Yeah thats how my car looked before I dropped it but the best thing to do is go buy some aftermarket springs or coil overs. A job like this can get pretty expensive so make sure you have all the right tools and some common sense.

Skunk 2 coilovers-$277
      Kyb GR-2-$400+
      Spring compressor-$57
      Total of about-$700+ No joke
      Not including polyurethane front master set-$101

My ride

Comment

so what are u tellin me to just get srings for now and pop them on my stock struts untill i can get the shocks? even tho the shocks/ strut will blow? i would do it as long as it wouldnt damage anything else except have a bouncy ride. or maybe just maybe ill cut the fuckin springs.

Comment

No

No do it all at once you dont want to go get new springs and blow your shocks and then do the job over again you want to do it right the first time with out any back tracking.

My ride

Comment

yea i guess but i aint rich like u folks im 18 with limited money and i can fit more than five fingers in that freakin gap

Comment

?

What makes you think im rich Im only trying to give you my best suggestion or else your going to run into alot of shit in the future if you dont do it right the first time. Im only 20 with a son and wife.

My ride

Comment

oh its ok i wasnt gettin on you or anybody else i just wish i could understand why it sits so high.. ive seen plenty other cb7's around that sit lower and they dont even have cut springs or aftermarket

Comment

Cool

It could be the springs other then that is everything together, any thing missing I would have to see a pic of the wheel wale.

My ride

Comment

Originally posted by dualacord
                    Yeah thats how my car looked before I dropped it but the best thing to do is go buy some aftermarket springs or coil overs. A job like this can get pretty expensive so make sure you have all the right tools and some common sense.

Skunk 2 coilovers-$277
                    Kyb GR-2-$400+
                    Spring compressor-$57
                    Total of about-$700+ No joke
                    Not including polyurethane front master set-$101
                    You can get most of that stuff way cheaper on Ebay. i got my full set of kyb gr-2s for less than $220.00 shipped brand new. He can also get lowering springs for less than $277.00. The other stuff is a throw up.....
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

400 for gr2s! you can get Koni yellows for 450 bucks...
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

i got a full set of clean eibach sportlines for 55 shipped, and viola, lowered car for <$100 without cut springs. new shocks are recommended though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thats nice to know.

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                          You can get most of that stuff way cheaper on Ebay. i got my full set of kyb gr-2s for less than $220.00 shipped brand new. He can also get lowering springs for less than $277.00. The other stuff is a throw up.....
                          Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          400 for gr2s! you can get Koni yellows for 450 bucks...
                          Thats cool to know I wish I would of known this earlier but to be honest I dont know to much about ebay and sure dont trust them. I dont trust other people so I would rather hold someone responsible rather then getting jacked by someone. Koni yellows? Are they adjustable or what cause thats pretty expensive. I got the front pair for $160 and the rear for $140. Im not telling the dude to go run out and get the setup Im running but just to give him a idea on what he can do. Yeah Im sure all you out there can go running around telling people they got ripped but Ill tell you one thing it was well worth $400. Im currently running the setup on my sedan and coupe only difference is the sedan has Eibach Sportline Springs. There are other alternatives.

My ride

Comment

wow those prices are wicked high......400 and u can get agx and koni's....the springs are even expensive too. where do u shop at bc u should NOT shop there again. u spent about 400bucks too much....but thats ok if your willing to spend that. good luck on the suspension upgrade.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

i got used neuspeed sport springs for 105 shipped, kyb agx's 300 shipped off ebay and an ESR performance camber kit off ebay for 55 shipped...so i only totalled $460, then of course i got it aligned and all that, but still thats not a bad price for full suspension.
                              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X