Eibach Spring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eibach Spring problems

When I first got my Eibach sportlines, I was running on my oem shocks for 3years without any problems. Well commuting back and fourth on I-680 which was pothole central at one point, I had to replace my oem struts. I got some KYB-GR2's which supposed to surpass oem quality.....however ever since they were brand new, I noticed that my oems felt so much better for some reason as far as ride comfort??? I then figured oh well I guess my GR2's are supposed to ride this way...a little stiff so I shrugged it off.

I went to buy some new tires today because wire thread was starting to show in the rear and on my passenger front. As the shop was working on my car... I noticed that my springs in the rear looked really funny to me considering the way they were mounted on the struts. I was looking around e-bay and noticed people that were selling their accord springs/strut combos had their springs mounted a different way.... I compared mine and then looked at theirs and came to the conclusion that maybe they were mounted wrong and thats why my ride is so harsh feeling in the back??? I took my car to a independent honda automotive place and they installed all 4 sides and I also got the lifetime warranty on the GR-2's. I also noticed the urethane rubber seat is missing on both sides too and could this be the noise I hear sometimes of the springs moving around when I corner? Well anyways, I just want to know which way the springs are supposed go. Did the mechanic mount my springs on the strut wrong? If so, I'm going to try to take these out on my free day and put them on the right way.

I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

yea the ones in the pics are upside down, i think. i dont know eibach too well but my neuspeeds are tighter coils at the top
    Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 04-04-2006, 02:13 AM.

Comment

make sure you can read the writing on the spring when its installed

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Hmm... thanks for your input guys. Well i was searching around some more and found that the springs sorta look like these... tighter springs on the bottom. Maybe I guess it depends on the brand name?

I a jdm accord setthat were tighter on top as well like how mine are setup. Any of you guys run sportlines? which ones are on top for the rears? tighter section or the seperated?
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I have my Tanabes with the tighter coils on top...I don't think it makes a difference though.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

the lettering has to be the right way when looking at it....not upside down
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

tight springs go towards the top

Comment

yeah there on backwards. I used to have some before i sold em for ground controls. Um, i also have a pic and the writing has the more compressed coils on the top of it. So yeah its wrong. Oh well.... no biggy. Need help? you know how to get a hold of me. Oh BTW...theres a cb7 member that lives in the fields that wanna meet up. LOL aye call me up. My bad i didnt call back that one day... hella busy at work

I am no longer using this forum name.
                You can find me as
                jdm_inspired...
                I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

My eibachs are installed that way too. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

Mini meet? I'm 10 min south of Vallejo.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                    My eibachs are installed that way too. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

Mini meet? I'm 10 min south of Vallejo.
                    thats why my handling is superior to urs =)
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

it doesn't really matter what direction it is. the spring will still act as a spring upside down. the top perch diameter is the same as the bottom perch diameter. of course if you can see the lettering it should be right-side up.

the "dead" coils (which is the correct terminology) are supposed to be on top on eibach sportlines according to the lettering. i've had them before on GR-2s also and the ride was stiffer than usual. the clucking is normal especially in the rear as the springs are shorter than stock. having deteriorated rubber perches also adds to the noise. if you look at tein's s-tech springs they come with rubber isolators to prevent unwanted noise. you can just take a piece of old bicycle inner tube, cut it, and place it between the perch and spring. no more noise!
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                      X