Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear end keeps comming out, need bigger front swaybar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear end keeps comming out, need bigger front swaybar?

Below are my specs, i was doing 120km/h through a suggested 60, and my ass started comming out at the end of the turn, i simply let go of the gas quickly and recovered nicely, i think its either cause i have shit springs/shocks or because i have a big swaybar in back and not in front. I heard the Suspension Techniques swaybars are best when used together not just rear....

225/40/18 - Yokohama Advan A048 (track tires)
    No-name sleeve-overs (lowered 3" all around)
    Stock shocks
    Rear ST Swaybar
    Front and Rear Ractive strut bars.

Thanks for any help And i did have the tires warmed up nicely.
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Originally posted by aleks77
    Below are my specs, i was doing 120km/h through a suggested 60
    problem found

Comment

Having just a rear sway bar and not the front shouldn't be that much of a problem..I think your problem lies on the crappy no-name sleeve-over coilovers and the stock shocks..Once you upgrade those, the car should handle a lot better

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

sounds like youve got some nice rotation going on there.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i think uve got a 4WS model

Comment

PSA: The correct way to correct an oversteer (rear end coming out) is to stay on the gas, or even accelerate. Getting off the gas and/or braking will shift the weight forward, furthre reducing rear traction. Getting on the gas will shift weight back onto the rear tires and give the back end more traction.

You're probably coming loose because you're letting off the gas mid-turn near the edge of your performance envelope. Slow-in-Fast-out and you'll never have an oversteer problem.
            I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

Originally posted by crewfish13
              PSA: The correct way to correct an oversteer (rear end coming out) is to stay on the gas, or even accelerate. Getting off the gas and/or braking will shift the weight forward, furthre reducing rear traction. Getting on the gas will shift weight back onto the rear tires and give the back end more traction.

You're probably coming loose because you're letting off the gas mid-turn near the edge of your performance envelope. Slow-in-Fast-out and you'll never have an oversteer problem.

exactly what he said.. you need to have a good suspension to handle your car, the sway bar just compliments the suspension.

Had you been at the limit and let off the gas in the turn, you would have met the guardrail real quick if there was one. I am guessing that could be your problem with the rear sliding out in the first place.

Comment

Rear sway only increases over steer.

Fun, huh?
                2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  Rear sway only increases over steer.

Fun, huh?

True, I forgot to continue my train of thought above and answer his question.

a more solid rear bar will let the rear hang out easier (oversteer)

a more solid front bar will give you more understeer (front tires losing grip before rear).

So yes you could get a bigger front bar. It'll make the front give way quicker, and the rear not come around as easy. most likely, you will have to go slower as you will have stiffened up the car, but are kinda back to square one with too much understeer.

An aftermarket rear, and a stock front will make the car handle much more neutral, but you have to know how to control it. You can get into the same trouble a rwd car will that is too hot on the gas through the corners. But its much easier to pull a FWD car out of a rear slide since you can actually PULL your way through it with the front wheels.

Comment

aero's got it right, as usual. Also check the wear on your tires...on my relatively stock setup, bald rear tires= massive snap oversteer in the rain, costing me a front bumper. You should probably upgrade your springs and shocks as if the shocks are too weak for the springs, when you dive into the turn the car will go crazy trying to settle down, especially in the rear, which could easily cause an accident.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

One of the first things you do on a budget "drift car" is swap out the rear springs for stiffer ones. This decreases swaying, the contact patch, and roll during hard cornering.....thus, it DRIFTS much easier!!
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                        So yes you could get a bigger front bar. It'll make the front give way quicker, and the rear not come around as easy. most likely, you will have to go slower as you will have stiffened up the car, but are kinda back to square one with too much understeer.

lol.
                        No.

Right now, he has too much oversteer. Adding the matched front bar is exactly what he needs to balance the car.

Adding a front bar doesn't make these car into tractors, you know....yeesh.
                        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                          lol.
                          No.

Right now, he has too much oversteer. Adding the matched front bar is exactly what he needs to balance the car.

Adding a front bar doesn't make these car into tractors, you know....yeesh.
                          thats what i said... too much oversteer(for him), and a front bar will add more understeer.

With only a rear sway, I think the car handles a hell of a lot better, the front is allowed to flex and grip, rear follows. The car is much closer to being neutral.

Add the front bar, the car will get much stiffer, not as much sway in corners, but you are still on the more oversteer side of things.

*And these are all with the same car, same settings. You could obviously take the front and rear bars, add some more camber to compensate for the extra stiffness in the front, and could probably come out ahead, but then you will have a few extra degrees of camber, aint good on the street.

- add a set of slicks on the track, and both bars would be a better setup as you would have quite a bit of grip up front compared to stock tires.

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
                            Below are my specs, i was doing 120km/h through a suggested 60, and my ass started comming out at the end of the turn, i simply let go of the gas quickly and recovered nicely, i think its either cause i have shit springs/shocks or because i have a big swaybar in back and not in front. I heard the Suspension Techniques swaybars are best when used together not just rear....

225/40/18 - Yokohama Advan A048 (track tires)
                            No-name sleeve-overs (lowered 3" all around)
                            Stock shocks
                            Rear ST Swaybar
                            Front and Rear Ractive strut bars.

Thanks for any help And i did have the tires warmed up nicely.
                            reason why you have snap oversteer is probably because you are bottoming out the rear shocks, sending your wheel rate to infiniti. When you let off the gas, load transfered off the rear wheels giving back whatever little suspension travel you had left

there could be other problems but i really don't feel like analyzing anything

i hope you don't drive like an idiot again...but i usually have high hopes
                            For Sale:
                            itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
                            tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Did you remove the original sway bar body mount brackets? I removed mine months after...duh.

They caused the ST bar to bind up....it handles so much smoother now....mucho compliance!

Comment

Working...
                              X