GRound Control VS Sprint Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRound Control VS Sprint Extreme

Okay, I want to know what U guyz think between getting Ground Control coilovers AND Sprint Extreme spring (F:3.25/R:3.00 drop). I currently have AGX shocks and plan on coupling them with the GC or Extreme.
    Sprint Extreme spring (F3.25/R3.00) matted to AGX
    69.23%
    Ground Control coilovers matted to AGX
    30.77%

The poll is expired.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Bump!!!

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

I run sprint blues on my car i like em.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i had the sprint blues before i had the extreme but didnt like the drop so i got the extreme ones. I love them. FUCK coil overs. small spring bouncy ride, thats my opinion. plus you are not going to get it even, you might

Comment

GC with agx's will ride like crap, go with oneoff's setup. its pretty sick

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
            GC with agx's will ride like crap, go with oneoff's setup. its pretty sick
            thank you travis,you should know how it ride

Comment

yeah But where can you get the extreams? I can't find them anywhere. Id rather have those then coilovers

Comment

The sprint website or check local performance shops/warehouses. They can prob get it for you if not order it if they dont have it.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                  i had the sprint blues before i had the extreme but didnt like the drop so i got the extreme ones. I love them. FUCK coil overs. small spring bouncy ride, thats my opinion. plus you are not going to get it even, you might
                  The "size" of the spring has nothing to do with how they'll make your car ride, it's all in the spring rate...

That said, if you're concerned with the car being low as possible on a certain spring while having damping adjustibility, I'd spring the extra $50 on Illuminas. AGX's are pretty notorious for raising the car a little bit. If adjustible damping isn't a concern, you can get away with the Extremes on stockish shocks...kmart has had that setup for a while...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    The "size" of the spring has nothing to do with how they'll make your car ride, it's all in the spring rate...

That said, if you're concerned with the car being low as possible on a certain spring while having damping adjustibility, I'd spring the extra $50 on Illuminas. AGX's are pretty notorious for raising the car a little bit. If adjustible damping isn't a concern, you can get away with the Extremes on stockish shocks...kmart has had that setup for a while...
                    I said above that I already have the AGX. I just want to ditch the springs I actualy have (2.25 drop) cuz it not low enough.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                      Yeah, I've been leaning towards the Extreme since the begining but I wanted to hear from other persons too.
                      Definitely, I know that the GC may be bouncier than the extreme.
                      To everybody else, thanks 4 Ur reply.

Comment

will running sprint extremes on Kyb AGX's damage the AGX's?....i know they recommend only going down 2 inches ..i know the extremes are 3 inches..

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                          will running sprint extremes on Kyb AGX's damage the AGX's?....i know they recommend only going down 2 inches ..i know the extremes are 3 inches..
                          I don't know from personal experience but from what I've read they probably will. You should sell the AGX's and go up to Illuminas...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            I don't know from personal experience but from what I've read they probably will. You should sell the AGX's and go up to Illuminas...
                            tokico illuminas..run circles around the aGx's?...i dont know jack about them..are they adjustable dampening?

shit i should sell the aGx's and go with a full tein coil over system..

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden
                              Yeah, I've been leaning towards the Extreme since the begining but I wanted to hear from other persons too.
                              Definitely, I know that the GC may be bouncier than the extreme.
                              To everybody else, thanks 4 Ur reply.

Your comparing apples to pears. You cant compare coilovers to Springs. Chances are they dont even have the same spring rate. GCs you can get any custom spring rate you want. Any spring/coilover will ride totally different with every single difference shock out there.

I guess your not racing so it doesnt matter.

Plus how can you not get it even? do you not know how to use a tape measurer? If youve done your research you will know that every 360 degree turn on the Gcs equals 1/8th.

I just got my Ground controls, 400lbs Front 425Lbs rear, waiting on my koni yellows to come in. Im racing.
                              Last edited by phatdoughnut; 05-06-2006, 06:37 PM.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X