Attn: Issues Wth Traction Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn: Issues Wth Traction Bars

Okay everyone the 2point6 tractionbars is anyone else havnig an issue with them. Im having an issue with them as of now I installed them but havent driven the car. Upon like doing over a bump the traction bar rubs up against the crankpully not good has anyone been having the same issue as me and if so whats the solution so that others besides myself who has purchased the traction bars can overcome that.
    Last edited by h22sparkle; 06-05-2006, 10:48 PM.

check in the original thread. Someone was having a problem with that originally but then they did something and it didnt do it anymore.

Comment

Bend it out a lil more? Whats it look like?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have talked to Michael "h22sparkle" over the phone and have determined that the crank pulley he has, has a diameter of 8". The stock prelude H22 pulley has a 6.5" diameter. With the correct pulley size on the engine or an underdrive pulley, there is no issue with clearance unless the car is radically lowered. Since this set up was fitted to my car, I run a stock 6.5" diameter crank pulley. My car is only dropped a total of 2". A measurement from flat ground to the top of fender arch (wheel well) is 25". Cars lower than this may have a clearancing issue with a stock pulley. As listed in the F.A.C. in the original thread, I recommended the use of an underdrive pulley.

Comment

mike, sounds like youre running an f22 pulley?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            dunno probably maybe that shit got switched or something well I know what i gots to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              Damn now imma prolly get like another 3hp from switchin it back. I think the shop had ran out of pully's and used a f22 jump off ohwell. Thatll get fixed tommorrow.problem solved out of place bushing.
              Last edited by h22sparkle; 06-07-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X