60ft times and spring rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60ft times and spring rates?

How stiff does the accord need to be in the rear to minimize weight transfer coming off the line. If you get a "standard" eibach 2" diameter spring at any given rating would you go as heavy as possible in the rear of the car and softer up front? I know that most spring kits put a heavier spring in the front for the wieght of the engine, but what about if you reversed the kit with the softer up front? would this help with launches?
    Rebecca, a.k.a "street racing bitch"

H22 owned me... Been happy ever since!

Originally posted by RDR Accord
    How stiff does the accord need to be in the rear to minimize weight transfer coming off the line. If you get a "standard" eibach 2" diameter spring at any given rating would you go as heavy as possible in the rear of the car and softer up front? I know that most spring kits put a heavier spring in the front for the wieght of the engine, but what about if you reversed the kit with the softer up front? would this help with launches?
    Good question...I think having basically a solid rear end would be best for launches. Also, if you could drop the front and raise the rear to help with weight transfer and aerodynamics, you'd be in great shape.

Solidifying the front end with a strut bar and stiffer springs and shocks would probably help with wheel hop also.

Unfortunately, front and rear springs aren't interchangeable on the Accord. The rear springs have a bigger diameter than the fronts. Your best bet would be to hit up GC for custom sleeves, or get a full coilover kit with either very stiff springs, or switching the front and rear springs.

Good luck!

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      Good question...I think having basically a solid rear end would be best for launches. Also, if you could drop the front and raise the rear to help with weight transfer and aerodynamics, you'd be in great shape.

Solidifying the front end with a strut bar and stiffer springs and shocks would probably help with wheel hop also.

Unfortunately, front and rear springs aren't interchangeable on the Accord. The rear springs have a bigger diameter than the fronts. Your best bet would be to hit up GC for custom sleeves, or get a full coilover kit with either very stiff springs, or switching the front and rear springs.

Good luck!
      Yep thats why you see some hatchies with some mad angle in da trunk lol. STiffen rear as much as possible soften front a lil but not too much where you start to get wheel hop.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by RDR Accord
        Spring rates don't really effect front to rear load transfer unless one end of the car is lifting up. This effects center of gravity which DOES effect load transfer.

A really stiff rear will compress slightly during acceleration

A really soft front will decompress GREATLY during acceleration, raising the cg. This increases load transfer.

Think about it this way, in a theoretical situation:
        The front of the car weighs 1000lbs.
        500lbs will transfer from the front wheels to the rear wheels.

If you had a car with 1000lb springs, the front will rise .5inches during acceleration.

If you had a car with 500lb springs, the front will rise 1 inch during acceleration.

The car with the softer front springs will transfer more load to the rear due to the increased height of the cg. Not good for a front wheel drive car.

What does this mean? don't go too soft on the front spring rates.

As for shock settings, a stiffer rebound shock setting will increase the RATE of load transfer. Set the front rebound to the softest possible to keep the load on the front tires.

IMO, I don't see how really high rear spring rates will keep the front of the car down. The same amount of load transfer will happen, but the rear will just not compress as much. Allignment will be affected.

<---must be tired...just went against all schools of thought lol
        For Sale:
        itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
        tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Working...
        X