Rear sway bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sway bar.

Is it me or is it that the 4th gens don't come with a rear sway bar?
    When I put mine on. I noticed a big difference.
    Daily Driver Cb7
    H&R sports springs, KYB Gr2 shock, Rebuilt F22a Head

05 civic Si Track Car/Weekend car
    G-Force Stage 3 clutch system, G-Force 12lbs Lightened Flywheel, Hayame Full Coilovers, Spc Camber Kit, Progress rear sway and Tie combo, J's racing rear strut bar, Neuspeed front strut bar, Aem V2 intake, DC header, Test pipe, 2.5 custom catback piping, Ctr Front lip, Ctr Wing, Double sided Carbon Fiber Hood, Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk, Nitrous Express 80 shot.

EX and SE models come with a rear swaybar. it's the size of a toothpick though. but i suppose something is better than nothing.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

word, I could break that thing by hand....especially when it has a rusty appearance.....FR & RR suspension techniques sway bars are a future mod for me most definitely along with some energy suspension bushings if they sell them for 4th gens
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Energy Suspension's urathane bushings turn to shit after a few months. The stock Sway bar came like USC said on 92/93 EX/SE models but it was very thin. Still did it's job but since most are totally into size it's inadiquate.

I would go with the S/T sway bars since they are identical to the Eibach bars and about $20-$30 cheaper depending where you go. S/T is now owned by Eibach (has been for awhile now) so they share R&D and the quality is excellent.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

thanks for that bidness info BustedLX, didn't know that.

BustedLX:

Why do E/S bushings go to shit? I did a lil research paper on polyurethane bushings versus rubber and it's a win win, they supposed to last longer, etc. I don't care if they look like shit after a while, but do they start to break up quick??

Also, I have a 90 EX and 91 SE and both came with rear sway bar, i've replaced the bushings on both front & rear on both these cars with stock rubber.

best price I found S/T sway bar set was $210, but I forget the site

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            thanks for that bidness info BustedLX, didn't know that.

BustedLX:

Why do E/S bushings go to shit? I did a lil research paper on polyurethane bushings versus rubber and it's a win win, they supposed to last longer, etc. I don't care if they look like shit after a while, but do they start to break up quick??

Also, I have a 90 EX and 91 SE and both came with rear sway bar, i've replaced the bushings on both front & rear on both these cars with stock rubber.

best price I found S/T sway bar set was $210, but I forget the site
            I wasn't completely sure the 1990/1991 came with a rear swaybar. They don't have the rear discs so that always throws me off.

The E/S bushings has serveral write ups on other forums. Primarily Civic/Integra forums. Basically they all write the same thing. They are in love with it after installation, very tight, improved handling. Then you read the 6 month - 1 year longterm update and they've all already gone back to the OEM rubber or are about to. They all say the same thing that they develop allot of slop and get much worse then the originals that they where replacing.

I read three seperate reviews all of which used the master bushing sets. That's all it took for me. I know it's supposed to be better. Not every upgrade is just that an "upgrade". Somethings are best left original.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

f**kin engineers....all this time I was all set on doing up the suspension by replacing rubber with poly...f**k tarts!

Also, my 90 EX has drums in back and my 91 SE has rear discs...just FYI

Comment

eibach sway bars

my friend works at group-a and they wheels-tires-suspension-etc. Well they are a distributer for Eibach and Eibach contacted my friend who owns a 92 accord wagon and asked him if he would be interested in testing them on his car? so he said ok and he got to keep them for free ever since then. to his knowledge they have never released them under Eibachs name but they always had them listed. i guess they thought that they werent going to sell so they decided not to make themanymore. i think there might one other person out there with these that was asked to test them out, i forget what he told me. i never new that ST was the same company as EIBACH- thx busted. so now it all makes sense too me!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Aight that Energy Suspension comment about them not getting good reviews after 6 months of use....is that really true? Like I said, I did a lil paper on polyurethane versus rubber bushings and that totally goes against what I researched. Are these sources valid? I'd like to hear some other opinions cuz I had this mod as a "fo sho" in the future and now ya got me all dazed & confused.

Comment

Now that you mention it my ride does feel a little sloppy and I've had the ES Master set for 2 years now.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                    JDM H22
                    Port n Polished Int Mani
                    Bored TB, maxed
                    MSD 6A
                    I/H/E
                    no cat
                    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Damn I just noticed I'm a month late on this thread!

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                      JDM H22
                      Port n Polished Int Mani
                      Bored TB, maxed
                      MSD 6A
                      I/H/E
                      no cat
                      [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

wow, I was really considering replacing all my brushings with the energy suspension kit. I guess I won't spend 100 dollars and another whole day working on my suspension. I have deffinatly heard that they help a lot, but I have never heard that they get sloppy later.

Comment

This thread isn't that old & ur sticking to subject, so it don't matter to me man.

Anyways, did these 3 people or whatever #, forget to properly grease up the poly bushings? I'm thinking that they get dry & because they are stiffer, wear themselves out faster when dry & therefore develop slop.

So...
                          1) they need to be greased every now & then = maintenance checks

2) maybe someone sells polygraphite type bushings that have best of both worlds & grease themselves in movement.

Comment

Now on the rear sway bar itself.

How many of you recommend just replacing the rear sway bar with let's say Suspension Techniques for an example & keep front stock?

I've read somewhere this is ideal for front wheel drive autocrossing & road racing. Also, I've seen a decent amount of people do only the rear.

Please explain your reasons..thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                              Now on the rear sway bar itself.

How many of you recommend just replacing the rear sway bar with let's say Suspension Techniques for an example & keep front stock?

I've read somewhere this is ideal for front wheel drive autocrossing & road racing. Also, I've seen a decent amount of people do only the rear.

Please explain your reasons..thanks.
                              we drive front wheel drive vehicles..... The car naturally wants to understeer. To top it off, honda made thick front sway bars so grandma will not have too much trouble getting to the store and back.
                              I would either go w/ a rear ST sway bar or a progress... Don't bother w/ the front b/c the OEM is strong enough. If you want then just get some poly sway bar bushings for the front and end links.

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

Working...
                              X