blown strut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blown strut?

im hearing a "clunking" noise coming from my right rear corner when i hit "sharp" bumps, and some people have told me cause if due to a blown strut.
    another question: one week my car sits high on one side, the next, it sits high on the other side?
    im so confused
    i have H & R sports and i have 3 finger gap in the front and 2 in the rear,
    please help me as i want to make my cb7 look as good as your guy's on here.
    thanks
    my members ride thread
    check it out if you have time

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=92exrcoupe

Try checking all your bushing, washers, and nuts and make sure their intact and torched properly...could be whats making the noise if somethings loose and metal is hitting metal. But if everythings in good shape, then it might be your strut.

Also when checking out your stuff, check all the rubbers, like in between the spring and strut mount, upper/lower strut mount bushings, and such.
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Its definitely your strut that shit is gone. Same thing happened to me is it leakin oil that what fiz told me when it goes feel around at the top if it feels wet and looks dirty and wet its probably the strut.

Comment

Re: blown strut?

Originally posted by 92exrcoupe
        im hearing a "clunking" noise coming from my right rear corner when i hit "sharp" bumps
        Me too. Mine is the strut--both rears gone. Plan on replacing all of mine with KYB's but a liitle low on cash now. In the meantime, I try to avoid "those" bumps. BTW, both rears are the original OEs from 92. If you are concerned it's something else, go get a free inspection from a rep mechanic.
        TBILL
        92 Accord EX Coupe
        CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
        CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

Mine made a metal to metal sound, but I found out that I did not replace the top washer for the back strut. Then when I finshed and lowered the car, the strut blew and leaked.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

If your car is lowered like mine I verywell suggest that you use tokico blue non adjustables they work just fine for me.

Comment

just checked the struts... they are fine, but i read on honda-tech that some people wrap there lower coils with silicone wrap?
              where would i find this silicone wrap and has anyone else done this?
              would it work?
              my members ride thread

Comment

just checked the struts... they are fine, but i read on honda-tech that some people wrap there lower coils with silicone wrap?
                would it work?
                Stock coil springs should have had rubber isolators for top & bottom, did you pitch them?

Also, you said you have the H&R sport coil springs? If so, do you have pics of the ride height? I'm getting them too.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

would it work?
                  I've got those silicone wraps on my neuspeed races, both front and rears

you can get them at pretty much any auto store like Autozone.

My members ride thread

Comment

Stock coil springs should have had rubber isolators for top & bottom, did you pitch them?

Also, you said you have the H&R sport coil springs? If so, do you have pics of the ride height? I'm getting them too.

just e-mailed you the pics, i dont know how to post pics up on here :P

we dont have auto-zone up here in canada, but i'll check around the auto shops around here.
                    thanks again for all the help
                    my members ride thread

Comment

I had Tokico Blue struts...the rears are still good as new but the front blew after a while (really low drop).

Now I have KYB AGX's, and they are the bomb diggity. They sit on Ground Controls...so the ride is nice.

What is H&R Sport? Sounds cheap.

Comment

H&R are pretty good from what I heard I Have my tokicos sittin pretty decent but why did you drop your car so low bro didnt you read that on the instructions that they are only to be dropped nomore than 2 1/2 cause after that your just playin with fire.

Comment

All that came with the car when I bought it. Blown Tokico Blue's and all.

Comment

dang bro you must have had yours superslammed

Comment

Working...
                            X