Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tein pillow ball mounts...

http://www.tein.com/pumnt.html

Are these usable with normal, non-Tein components (such as my H&R Race / Koni Yellow setup?)

I've been meaning to look into this for quite some time $220 MSRP isn't too bad for a quality upgrade (now I just have to see if that's per side... ). Camber adjustment is possible, making this better than an aftermarket ball joint or anchor bolt camber kit.

Does anyone know more about these?

i was thinking the samething a few months ago about this. i saw it at OPTAUTO.COM

Comment

I would definitely prefer something like this over a ball joint (which can weaken the upper control arm) or an anchor bolt (I had a set break on me... my fault for overtorquing, but I still don't like them)

Comment

alot of tuners use pillow ball mounts on there race cars and alot of them swear by them. i might go forward in purchasing them in the near future (3 months)

Comment

The camber adjustment available on pillowball mounts, won't work on our cars. They are made for cars with front struts. On struts the hub is integrated with the strut mount, hence the camber adjustment. On our cars, with double wishbones, a change in shock angle wouldn't do anything, except angle the shock. The only way to adjust camber is to move a control arm.

On a related note, I am running adjustable ball joints [the SPC kit] and I haven't had any problems [that I know of].
          members/ride | the/website
          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Originally posted by 92acclude
            The camber adjustment available on pillowball mounts, won't work on our cars. They are made for cars with front struts. On struts the hub is integrated with the strut mount, hence the camber adjustment. On our cars, with double wishbones, a change in shock angle wouldn't do anything, except angle the shock. The only way to adjust camber is to move a control arm.
            On a related note, I am running adjustable ball joints [the SPC kit] and I haven't had any problems [that I know of].
            Couldn't agree w/ this any more! We're basically stuck w/ anchor bolts, balljoints, or modding the knuckle. I'm running D2's w/ SPC balljoints also and haven't had any problems, those stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              http://www.tein.com/pumnt.html

Are these usable with normal, non-Tein components (such as my H&R Race / Koni Yellow setup?)

I've been meaning to look into this for quite some time $220 MSRP isn't too bad for a quality upgrade (now I just have to see if that's per side... ). Camber adjustment is possible, making this better than an aftermarket ball joint or anchor bolt camber kit.

Does anyone know more about these?
              Koni uses a different diameter piston than the oem shocks...so you'll have to ask tein how big the inlet is for their spherical bearing.

Like previous posters said, if you buy this you still can't adjust camber or caster. The purpose of buying it would be to replace the rubber bushings in your stock top hats with the spherical bearings.

The only reason you'd want to replace the stock bushings with spherical bearings is on a RACE CAR imo. Even still, the design of this tophat is still flawed anyways so i'd keep the money in your wallet.
              For Sale:
              itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
              tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Damn... back to the drawing board...

I'm uneasy about the ball-joint type. Not because of the build quality, but because pressing the joint out of the control arm, and then back in, may put too much stress on the metal. I'll probably go that route before I get crappy anchor bolts again though.

And yeah, I learned the hard way about the larger diameter piston on the Konis... Nothing a trip to Home Deopt couldn't fix though!

Comment

are crappy anchor boolts no good??

i just installed a set off of ebay on my car tonight

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Mine came with no instructions. I went with the old "tighter is better" mindset... overtorqued them, and they broke while I was driving (a frightening experience).

If you install them correctly, they SHOULD last. After mine broke, I immediately bought another ebay kit (dropzone, it said)... then I resold it on here because I just didn't want to deal with that again!

Comment

Yea balljoints + double wishbone or multilink =

JDM

Accords are simply not meant to be lowered

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Damn... back to the drawing board...
                        Yeah, too bad we don't have a front McPhearson strut setup. It sure would be nice to have access to camber adjustment like that.
                        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                          Yeah, too bad we don't have a front McPhearson strut setup. It sure would be nice to have access to camber adjustment like that.
                          Yea but then we'd have minivan front ends...there's no room in our engine bay for those long struts.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            Yea but then we'd have minivan front ends...there's no room in our engine bay for those long struts.
                            Sure would be nice if there was.....
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Pillowball mounts=useless for our cars! Don't believe the JDM hype!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X