Energy Suspension Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Suspension Bushings

Has anybody used, or installed one of these sets recently? I think its called the master bushing sets for Accords...

I remember wanting to get a set back in high school, but I forgot up till recently. I was wondering if anybody had some feedback because so far Ive heard theyre really good bushings as far as inserts for 5spd motor mounts....

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

they are good bushings, but make sure u lubricated them good,because if you don't they will squeak a lot
    Members Ride

Comment

fuck.that.shit. They are squeeky as hell. Not worth it IMO.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

they are vrey worth it. not very sqeeky for me. i used the lube they came with and i was fine. i forgot to reaply it when i was transferin stuff to the cb3 so now i can hear it but its not unbearable. when i have my full suspension set up on they do help and make steering a lot tighter.
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

As long as you lube everything up with the included grease than you should have no problem as far as noise. I completely coated each bushing before and after it was installed. It is a noticeable difference in steering response and handling. I have been on them for probably about 3 months and should placing my detailed review up on the kit sometime soon.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Had mine for about 4 yrs now. No problems, much improvement over stock. Don't expect them to be quite all the time, and they do get louder over the years.

Comment

what kind of grease does the kit use? i'm getting ready to install my kit and it looks like there isn't that much provided, and i want to apply it liberally of course....do parts stores sell the kind of grease i need?
              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
              Project 240SX
              Originally posted by chillin943
              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

but as far as squeaking, how bad is the noise? I mean, is it really loud? I dont know, but if it handles better and tighter, forget the noise...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Well, based on my experience, I have lubed them thoroughly before installation more than once. The sound goes away but it is only temporary. In the morning when it is cold, they noise is more prominent. The level of noise is distracting and kills the interior ambience not to mention the stealthiness of the vehicle in enclosed spaces. But of course this is a matter of opinion.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I had a poly camber kit and it made a bunch of noise to the point that I almost didn't want to get a poly kit. After driving in another cb7 that had a full poly kit I figured I would get one though. I have been using a rubber camber kit for almost a year now but the rest of the suspension is poly and I have no noise and i am quite happy with everything.
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i dont hear any squeaking in mine except i didnt do my control arms, just suspension and radius rods :o

you definitely feel the road more.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Mine don't squeek. I haven't had them for 4 years though.
                        Steering response is the main thing you'll notice, that and the bumps that get transmitted into your car and you. I had them on before I put in my suspension so I definately felt the bumps.

blackice, ES sells extra grease tubes. I bought some at Autozone.
                        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                        X