Odd camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd camber

I went and got my car alighned today just to get my toe zeroed out since i dont have a camber kit yet and i was confused about my camber measurments.

left -1.0
    right -3.3

Is it normal for the right to be so much more.
    92 Accord EX 2dr -- G22 project
    -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Might have something to do with something I remember reading, it said there is a difference between driver and passenger side springs, I assume its to accomodate the drivers weight while driving alone...

or maybe your suspension is just out of whack

or maybe they read it wrong, who knows

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i guess putting it in a ditch twice on that side might have something to do with it to. maybe i should just forget the camber kit and put it in the ditch on the passanger side.

edit: probably should of sayed i have a super cup kit on so the springs should be the same on both sides
      Last edited by Chaos_CB7; 10-21-2006, 03:49 AM.
      -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_CB7
        I went and got my car alighned today just to get my toe zeroed out since i dont have a camber kit yet and i was confused about my camber measurments.

left -1.0
        right -3.3

Is it normal for the right to be so much more.
        No, it's not normal because that is a fair whack of difference.
        Could be the way the front suspension was tightened too. i.e. Not at Ride Height.
        Could have flogged out bushes or ball joints in one side.
        Get the front bushes checked and a Camber Kit Fitted and re-aligned.

Comment

When I lowered my car on Tanabe Precedo's and KYB AGX's, which was a good 2.5" drop, I took my car right in to get it aligned. The shop I always go to was very busy, which it usually is, so I took it somewhere else.. big mistake. The guys said everything was in spec. Last week I took a look at my tires and my passengers side tire was almost down to the wire on the very very inside edge. I've never really seen a tire go bald in less than 10k on the edge like that. I just bought a camber kit to install and take it to the regular shop I go to.

Comment

only thing under the car that's over a year old is the lower ball joint and end links. everything else has been replaced, i do have a vibration problem that i cant find but I'm going to get my tires rebalanced and see if that helps it because i don't trust the people who did it,,

I do trust the people who did the alignment though. I took it to the Honda dealership where i used to work. Mostly because they will only charge me 30 bucks to check the alignment but also because i can sit there and watch him to make sure he dose it right.
            -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_CB7
              only thing under the car that's over a year old is the lower ball joint and end links. everything else has been replaced, i do have a vibration problem that i cant find but I'm going to get my tires rebalanced and see if that helps it because i don't trust the people who did it,,

I do trust the people who did the alignment though. I took it to the Honda dealership where i used to work. Mostly because they will only charge me 30 bucks to check the alignment but also because i can sit there and watch him to make sure he dose it right.
              Once you get the tires rebalanced, it should solve that vibration problem. Its probably not the ball joint. Although you can check to see how the ball joint is by jacking up the car and trying to move the tire left and right. If its very loose then your ball joint is gone, a little movement is normal.

The place I usually go to I can go sit by there and the guy shows me everything step by step. I really like going there for any major problems I have.

Comment

Originally posted by ant96gle
                When I lowered my car on Tanabe Precedo's and KYB AGX's, which was a good 2.5" drop, I took my car right in to get it aligned. The shop I always go to was very busy, which it usually is, so I took it somewhere else.. big mistake. The guys said everything was in spec. Last week I took a look at my tires and my passengers side tire was almost down to the wire on the very very inside edge. I've never really seen a tire go bald in less than 10k on the edge like that. I just bought a camber kit to install and take it to the regular shop I go to.
                it wasn't the shop's fault. if you don't let the springs settle, then you aren't doing anything. the springs will sit at a fairly high height for months of normal driving before they completely settle. my camber was within -0.5 when i had it aligned after 2 weeks of settling. yeah, months later, its back at -1.5

Comment

It shouldn't be that different. I've got -2.9 on the left and -3.0 on the right. That's on adjusted D2 coilovers.
                  wat

Comment

I installed the camber bolts Friday and got it aligned on Saturday. It cleared up the alignment problem. But theres another problem. Now my control arms hit the frame. On the right side, just a bit of the control arm was cut and some of the frame and it cleared up the problem on the right side. The left side is still left to do. When I hit a large bump you can hear the control arm hit, but its no biggie... I'll fix it one of these days.

Comment

Another update lol

I bought the rear camber kit, this one to be exact http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWN:IT&ih=011

Installing it next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X