quick answer needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick answer needed please!

Don't 94-97 springs work on our cars? If it matters the springs I was looking at were Neuspeed race springs. I thought they were the same... Some brands have different part numbers and some don't so I just wanted to make sure.

as far as i know of the springs are the same from 90-97. you should be fine because the shocks are the same as well.
    www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Sweet. Thanks a lot.... any extra input on this would be appreciated.

Comment

They are the same in a way but i wouldnt go ahead and do it after all the weight and load on each tire is diffrent from cb7s to the 94-97 so be very careful especially if you push your car to the limit.
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I don't see how it could be too much different. The weight on the 94 lx is the same as my 92 lx. Engine size is the same too so the weight up front should be about the same. Since weight fluctuates a couple hundred pounds just from the dx to ex I really don't see how it could make a big difference. Could you please clarify?

Comment

well im just thinking like a respectable manufacture will make suspension only for 90-93 because there are diffrences for instance tein,intrax all make it especially for 90-93 the suspension geometry cannot be the same.
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

ya there the same.dont worry about the weight.when i bought my springs i orderd them and the years were 90-97.same with my front sway bar links.

Comment

Yes all springs for the 4 cyl. accords from 1990 to 1997 FIT each other! Now addressing the part numbers for the springs...I have been told that for some reason the springs with different part numbers have slight differences in stiffness and height. I had Neu. Sport on my car from a 94 Accord before I went with my current Neu. race setup and they were fantastic. The part number was different for the '90-93, than the '94-'97 I believe, and then again for the V6 models (all maybe due to differences in vehicle weight maybe?). Neu. Race has only 2 part numbers instead of the 3 the sports had due to the fact that Neu. doesn't make race springs for the '95-'97 v6 models (based off their website). Answering your question though, The parts should be interchangable with most likely unnoticable, if not extremely minimal, differences in height and stiffness based on my experiences. Make sure you pair them with upgraded shocks...and that is my 2cents. Hope it helped.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Alright cool. They are going to be paired with kyb agx's. Unfortunately I have to wait three weeks till I'm out of school to get them on. $80 for the springs is a pretty good deal I think...

Comment

Well, let me know it turns out as far as ride quailty and height. Mine still sits high so I am still waiting on them to settle. I bought mine new about 2 to 3 weeks ago so I don't know if that is a good deal or not and if you already bought them than it doesn't matter to anybody but you if it is a good deal based on your standards of value to money. Why you waiting though to install though? Are you DIY?
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

oh nevermind...I see why you are waiting...school. Sorry, i was browsing what you had said and missed that. Well good luck and let us know how it turns out maybe in the review section of the forum.

Comment

Well I got these used, but the guy said they only had 4k miles on them. He said it was on a show car that wasn't driven much. So I'm guessing that should be just enough for them to be broken in fairly well. The cheapest I have seen the springs brand new is $160 so I think this is a good deal, and I'm happy with it. I'll probably right a review on the shocks and springs after I've had them on for a little while. I also have front and upper strut bars and a rear lower tie bar I'm going to put on so it should handle pretty good.

Comment

Since there seems to be some controversy on that lower tie bar, you might want to consider just throwing that on before all the other stuff and let us know if you actually noticed a dif. from a handling standpoint. Everyone else seems to have thrown it on with a bunch of other stuff and doesn't know if it really made any difference other than visual. I know you will notice a dif. with all the other stuff but am still kinda inquisitive about the lower tie bar.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard that a lot. Since I'm on a stock supsension right now and my ride height is way to high from larger rims I don't think it would do much. I'll put on the rest of the stuff and test it out then put that on and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                            X