wagon w/ rake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wagon w/ rake

im doing the suspension on my wagon come winter time so ive been researching the different set ups

now my main concern is i don’t want any sag in the rear...i want an even drop, preferably a lil rake if possible

i know coilovers would do that for me but i really want to avoid that rout as much as possible because i can not afford them unless i find a good deal on some used ones

but from what ive found any spring made for the coupe and sedan if used on the wagon will cause it too sag in the rear

ive checked out h&r sports because they make them specific to a cb9
    but im thinking they may sag as well since i hear that h&r's like to sag in general

any input on this?

will adjustable shocks or certain types of shocks aid in this problem? or do i have to save up for coilovers?

Old Ride-New Ride

koni yellows have an adjustable perch where the spring sits. How is your stock suspension? I've got ground control coilovers over koni yellows from holland (triple adjustable) that I may be looking to trade for stock + cash eventually.
    HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
      koni yellows have an adjustable perch where the spring sits. How is your stock suspension? I've got ground control coilovers over koni yellows from holland (triple adjustable) that I may be looking to trade for stock + cash eventually.
      that sounds cool but i cant have that downtime during all that shipping

thanx for the input though, i just wasn’t sure how adjustable shocks worked...i didn’t know the perch it self was adjustible.........so that clears my whole problem up perfectly

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

You might also look into Koni Reds. Although the front perch isn't adjustable, the rear is. There are two settings. The higher perch is about 1" or so (I forgot) higher.

But it won't give you a rake I don't think, just even it out. I've had my Reds on two cars with Pro-Kits and Tein S springs and in both cases the rear still sags a little when the rears are on the normal perch. For that reason I'll likely move the rears up to the higher perch soon.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

I dont know why... but here ya go. Wagon with rake!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
            I dont know why... but here ya go. Wagon with rake!

bwahahah you slay me!

yes go with koni yellows. adjustable lower perches, adjustable dampening. lifetime warranty, can't go wrong. combo it with good springs and you're set. btw they do make springs for a wagon. i dunno what brands but they do .
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

yep koni yellows for the win. the wagon springs will sag no matter what kind they are. they make them for 4th and 5th gen wagons. with this the 4th gens look like they sag more in the rear compared to 5th gens. this is because the fenders fall lower on 4th gens as the do on 5th gens.

koni yellows are awesome struts! but you wil pay for them, but so worth it

Comment

yes you have to order springs from japan. Which get exspensive after every thing is done and said. Just get coilovers

Comment

i, my friend, have a wonderful solution. i, too, HATE sag in the rear of the car..it just looks unnatural and ugly to me. what i did to even out the sag in the rear of my sportline drop was to add a 3/4" spacer in the rear. that raised it up like 1/4"-3/8" needed to even the drop back out. and all it does is shorten the length that your spring has to operate in, in essence making it under more compression. so the spring is harder, and the spring wil sag less.

Comment

i'm on neuspeed race and the back was saggin a little bit but now the front sits a little bit lower... don't know why.

SOLD!

Comment

im also looking for a good suspension setup for a wag. how would the cost/value look like when comparing :
                      Ground controls + Koni Yellows VS. Omni power streets?

i'm leaning toward the omni powers though..

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7
                        im also looking for a good suspension setup for a wag. how would the cost/value look like when comparing :
                        Ground controls + Koni Yellows VS. Omni power streets?

i'm leaning toward the omni powers though..

damn that, i would def go with the ground cotrol/koni combo any day. if i were to build a performance car again thets what it would have for sure. i've rode in a crx with omnis and wasnt to impressed, and others have said mixed things about them

Comment

really? hmm... i guess i'll have to find someone with both combos and ride in it... darn..
                          hmm.. can someone explain to me what a rake means ? i know it has something to do with the stance, but what exactly does it look like. sorry for noob q.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7
                            really? hmm... i guess i'll have to find someone with both combos and ride in it... darn..
                            hmm.. can someone explain to me what a rake means ? i know it has something to do with the stance, but what exactly does it look like. sorry for noob q.
                            hah its kinda an oldschool word

just means the fronts lower than the rear

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

oh ok.. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X