all you guys on a 3' drop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all you guys on a 3' drop.

i've got a few quick questions before i head off to work, so theres no time for me to besearching. i just came up with these as i woke up this morning, and i've got to leave for work in about..7 minutes. haha. anyway.

shocks, which ones are you using? stock or aftermarket? are stock alright for a few months? how's the ride, both stock and aftermarket. any problem clearing speedbumps, or dips in roads? car scraping ALOT more than usual? how often does the bottom of the car scrape.

thanks<3

i have more of a drop than 3in. but you can get away with oem struts for a few weeks maybe, but they will go out after you lower the car. i replaced mine with oem struts from a cl 5 years ago and have been fine. i only scrape on speed bumps. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      i have more of a drop than 3in. but you can get away with oem struts for a few weeks maybe, but they will go out after you lower the car. i replaced mine with oem struts from a cl 5 years ago and have been fine. i only scrape on speed bumps. later.
      I'd have my cruise on for sure with a car that low.... otherwise you'd be pickin' up parts off of the street. lol Exhaust scrapage is one of the main problems with a dropped cb imo. A close second is scraping the front lip on everything, which I've done and I'm only lowered 1.75" in the front so.....

I think it depends solely of the driver HOW a car with be subjected to daily obstacles, if you will......
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
        I'd have my cruise on for sure with a car that low.... otherwise you'd be pickin' up parts off of the street.:
        man, what i have now is nothing to what it used to be. here is an old pic of my car next to a stock focus. i had 4+ inches of drop then. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Go w/Omnipowers, you won't regret it...it will ride a little bouncily but you'll never bottom out, and you can lower it as much as you want. The only spring/shock combo I can recommend for that drop is Sprint Xtremes w/ Tokico Illuminas at the least.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

completely agree with glory! sprint xtremes are the only springs that you can go that low. even so you need to combine it with a good strut/shock combo. i'd highly recommend full coilovers if you want to go that low. it'll save your undercarriage.

i'm on omnipower streets. for me i mostly scrape my b-pipe (center) portion of the exhaust mainly over speedbumps. typically most people encounter mudguard, front lip, and header scrapes at that height. front towhooks get a beating too. rear muffler is also a concern depending on your clearance. learn how to manueveur over driveways, bumps, parking blocks, etc.
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
              completely agree with glory! sprint xtremes are the only springs that you can go that low. even so you need to combine it with a good strut/shock combo. i'd highly recommend full coilovers if you want to go that low. it'll save your undercarriage.

i'm on omnipower streets. for me i mostly scrape my b-pipe (center) portion of the exhaust mainly over speedbumps. typically most people encounter mudguard, front lip, and header scrapes at that height. front towhooks get a beating too. rear muffler is also a concern depending on your clearance. learn how to manueveur over driveways, bumps, parking blocks, etc.
              Yep...being that low is not bad if your suspension can keep you off the ground.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i got sprint extreme and kyb agx, what a ride L8TER

Comment

well i was on a 4+ in drop for about a year on stock struts and the ride was very rough but my struts didn't blow until i hit a major frost heave and landed in a ditch. (lil over 40K miles on 4+ in drop on stock struts) lol i scraped hardcore my first few days driving but after that, i only scraped maybe once a month or so and that would be on severe inclines. There was no way i could go over speedbumps. The common scraped parts are, front lip, down pipe, exhuast, cat, muffler, tranny (took a chunk out of mine), and umm basically the whole underside of the car more toward to sides when u take a incline but thats bout it. I have a 2.5in drop at the moment (nuespeed race/koni yellows) and i have no scraping issues and i try to scrape all the time. lol

it's all in how u drive. I live in NH and the roads suck, just have to learn how to drive a lowered car.
                  My members ride thread

Comment

ive been on spint extremes/stock shocks since Summer '04. no problems, good ride, never scrape undercarriage or exhaust. and its not like i dont drive, i do.

i got a brand new susp waiting on me if the current setup decides it wants to fall out on me.

...and this topic has been covered one too many times. search when you get home.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how much I'm dropped but it's upwards of 3" I believe, I didn't take the stock ride height measurements when I lowered it! I'm on 11K front/7K rear D2 RS full coilovers and I have NEVER bottomed out at all. I hardly scrape either. If you're going really low, you're going to need some much higher spring rates/ good dampening. Some of the roads around me are pretty bad, but my D2's do a great job Get something stiff like the Omni's!

Comment

I have a 1.8 drop with OEM shocks on my civic. it goes easly over speed bumps. just go slowly over bumps & dips

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I'm on sprint extremes and stock shocks...not bad, but I get sick of it sometimes...Its cool for now, cost effective, and it looks good...I'll stick with it until I have enough money for coilovers.

btw npor its 3"(inch) drop not 3'(feet)
                          My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

I cant say anythings better than what I have now. Apexi N1 World Sport Damper coilover kit. OMG im not kidding these things are the shit. Juss imagine riding over potholes and feeling as if it was stock suspension. Thats exactly how it feels. Yeh I scrape places but eh.... i dont mind. Its part of the attention haha.

I went for more comfort. I can honestly say that illuminas and ground controls were a very stiff combo when it came to cornering. I may have lost the cornering but my ride is the smoothest Ive ever felt.

I grew out of the hurt your chest on potholes faze. If you got 900-1300 dollas get some world sports

Real JDM shit haha.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                              i got sprint extreme and kyb agx, what a ride L8TER

I have the same setup and its fucking bouncy as hell. or something idk.

I like the look and wanna be lower though

3.0F 3.25 F

Comment

Working...
                              X