recommend me a setup for value/looks/reduced gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommend me a setup for value/looks/reduced gap

Ok so I want to start off by saying I am on a budget. I have read several FAQs and seem to think that the following setup is the best for my CB7.

I will have 00 SE 5-spoke wheels (15, 4x 114.3)

Eibach Sportline or Pro-kit
    AGX's
    (some kind of decent shock)

soo tell me what shocks are the best value, and if this setup would be good. I am only trying to lower the car to eliminate wheel gap/still have a smooth ride (improved handling would be nice though!)
    Last edited by Phire; 04-28-2004, 11:32 PM.

Based on the springs you have posted, you stated that you wanted a "smooth" ride and I had (well still have but am planning on selling it) the eibach pro kit on my car and the ride felt smoother than stock and lowered it enough to still clear speed bumps. You also said you wanted to "eliminate" wheel gap in your post and if that is what your plan is than you are seeking a spring which lowers you more than the pro kit which may push you to the sportlines. I have not had these so cannot put in my 2cents worth on them. But I am sure someone will post on them.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

humm so how much of a drop is the pro's ? FAQ says 1.4", is this true? Also, what struts did you use?

Comment

1.4 isn't enough to eliminate wheel gap. You need like a 2" drop for that and with that drop speed bumps will really be a bitch (at least the ones I run into would be).

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
          1.4 isn't enough to eliminate wheel gap. You need like a 2" drop for that and with that drop speed bumps will really be a bitch (at least the ones I run into would be).
          well not totally eliminate wheel gap, just some. I think the prokit with AGX's is what I should get

Comment

if ya want the prokit, I got a brand new set i would sell ya..

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137
            Black Doubt Crew member #2
            Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Working...
            X