Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

springs and shocks from prelude to accord???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

springs and shocks from prelude to accord???

my friend wrecked his 95 prelude. so i was wonderin can i use his suspension on my 91 accord???? i wanted to swap the tein s tech springs with his stock shocks into mine cuz i wanna take my air cylinders off for a while. and also can i bolt on the entire knuckle, spindle and brakes front and back from his prelude to mine????? any help is appreciated thanx!!!!!!

thanx for da sig. DFRHonda

bump.....
    i went to the wrecking yard today and i couldnt get the axle nut off cuz i forgot to the axle nut with me.....so tomorrow i am gonna try to get my bro to bring me the axle nut dat i have at my parents house and then try and get a ride to the w/y and get the part i need so i can post pics of it up soon....ill show u how bad my bearing was.......

Comment

the only thing that you can use are the front knuckles if you want to do the rotor over hub conversion. i dont think that any other suspension part will work and why would use his used springs and stock struts?

Comment

cuz i can get them cheap, but can i use his rear disc's, or what can i use off this prelude??? anything?

Comment

Just fyi, the rear struts wont fit-the "forks" are different sizes. . . but the fronts will. Springs and strut mounts will also switch out.

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
            Just fyi, the rear struts wont fit-the "forks" are different sizes. . . but the fronts will. Springs and strut mounts will also switch out.

Jay

are the preludes forks bigger or smaller???
            .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

thanx for the info.
              but i found an SE in the wreckin yard the other day
              so i took the rear disc off it and put it on my ride today
              i had lots of fun puttin them on my car by myself today
              and it dont feel any better than they did before
              i am gonna put new rear pads on tomorrow and see if dat helps
              if dat dont help then i think i am gonna have to get all my rotors resurfaced

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                are the preludes forks bigger or smaller???
                Wider. You can shim them and they will fit. However, the spring perch sits much higher on the prelude strut. Your car will sit VERY high in the back.

Don't do it.
                WTB - IACV for H22a4.

FS: 1993 CB9 w/H22a4 and much, much more.

PM or email with inquiries.
                Vouch Thread

Comment

if you can find a two door acura cl 1997 or 98 the suspension will swap.
                  hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X