Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to change to make the car act normal and safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to change to make the car act normal and safe?

I think my suspension is all crap and worn out. I know my left outer tie rod is bad, the ball joints may also be bad, but i'm not 100% sure but I may have them changed anyways to be on the safe side.

While on the highway the steering shakes moderately at 60mph. I hear some clicking noises from the left front side when I accelerate a bit hard (maybe due to the tie rod)

I had the right axle changed recently, but the guy just visually inspected the left and said it was fine, but who knows.

When I turn the wheel at a stop when the car is cold, it makes squeaking noises, but they lessen or even go away when things are warmed up.

over heavy bumps i get squeaks all over, maybe the front and back struts? or worn bushings or something?

I want the car to be in good shape so I can autocross it (just for fun, not competitively so I dont need great parts) I have little money so I probably wont get great name brand stuff.

what should I replace and have replaced? how many ball joints are there? does each side only have one or two? upper lower?

also how would you know if your wheel bearings are good or not?

where is the best place to get replacement parts, was thinking ebay, but people have had bad experiences from there with crap parts so I dont want to risk it.
    1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

best to get new bushings for the whole front end.

-new front sturts
    -jack the front end and check for play on the wheels
    -wheels might need rebalancing
    -visually the left axle boots might be fine but again, check for play.
    -tie rods are pretty much a must.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjfan12
      I think my suspension is all crap and worn out. I know my left outer tie rod is bad, the ball joints may also be bad, but i'm not 100% sure but I may have them changed anyways to be on the safe side.

While on the highway the steering shakes moderately at 60mph. I hear some clicking noises from the left front side when I accelerate a bit hard (maybe due to the tie rod)

I had the right axle changed recently, but the guy just visually inspected the left and said it was fine, but who knows.

When I turn the wheel at a stop when the car is cold, it makes squeaking noises, but they lessen or even go away when things are warmed up.

over heavy bumps i get squeaks all over, maybe the front and back struts? or worn bushings or something?

I want the car to be in good shape so I can autocross it (just for fun, not competitively so I dont need great parts) I have little money so I probably wont get great name brand stuff.

what should I replace and have replaced? how many ball joints are there? does each side only have one or two? upper lower?

also how would you know if your wheel bearings are good or not?

where is the best place to get replacement parts, was thinking ebay, but people have had bad experiences from there with crap parts so I dont want to risk it.
      if you are thinking of doing any type of autocrossing, you should redo your entire suspension...to be on the safe side...autocrossing puts a lot of stresses on your suspension system to which it is not normally subjected.

this will include:

-springs (Eibach Race, good name, good product)
      -shocks (Koni Yellows for their adjustability and race heritage)
      -ball joints and tie rods...(very important since our cars are known to blow these.)
      -sway bars (help with that ever popular lean issue CB's have)
      -light wheels (15" or 16" x 7" wide)...chaep wheels?....OEM's? Rota's?
      -good tires...from my personal experience don't cheap out on these (Bridgestone Potenza G009 for all Season or get some of the Potenza Pole Positions for just summer; u could also check Yohohama's ...they are pretty good)

have fun
      Last edited by lokuputha; 02-06-2007, 02:19 AM.
      DEVOTE

Comment

OEM Parts-Bernardi Parts
        Energy Suspension HyperFlex Kit($88+)-SummitRacing

*i added the E.S. bushings since you did say wanted autocross. Summit carries it at a decent price, and also have the separate parts. Bernardi Parts has worked out great for me and other friends of mine; beats going directly to the dealership to pay insane prices, and best of all, beats Advanced Auto Parts and all the others.(I hate those places)

DO NOT EBAY FOR REPLACEMENT PARTS! EVER!
        Example: OEM Replacement parts...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Does bernardi parts sell honda stuff or just oem replacements? they have two left outer tie rods in their catalog, which one do I use? isnt there just one per side?

they have it for $50 is this a good price, seems pretty cheap to me.

my left front make a loud cliccking noise under acceleration and when I turn sometimes, and my left outer tie rod is bad according to firestone, so thats definately the culprit for my isses there right?

I'll have to swap this asap.

as for shocks and springs, I want to do this eventually for as cheap as possible. I might as well lower it too while im at it, so eiback prokit will work on stock struts right? Im thinking of just getting kyb replacement shocks non adjustable, will these two work together fine? and how much of a drop would this give, and how would the ride be?

will the handling be improved? and would I need a camber kit?
          1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
          ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
          OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

as for shocks and springs, I want to do this eventually for as cheap as possible. I might as well lower it too while im at it, so eiback prokit will work on stock struts right? Im thinking of just getting kyb replacement shocks non adjustable, will these two work together fine? and how much of a drop would this give, and how would the ride be?

will the handling be improved? and would I need a camber kit?
            i have an eibach pro-kit... i would not recommend stock replacement struts for these... i know it says you can... but i did the same thing and the struts simply could not handle the springs very well... i would recommend koni... i found a set of two yellow for up front and two red in back for cheap and i must say its much much better and handling is amazing... but its still not like other cars ive driven... but i must say to get all the bugs worked out of my suspension i had to replace almost everything... but its way worth it i think cause i can take almost any corner and my stopping distance was shortened tremendously... why be able to go fast if you cant stay on the road or stop? just my $0.02

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Working...
            X