Don't know how much to lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know how much to lower

So I have an almost completely stock accord, with only an intake, and s2k antenna. I'm in a deserate need of a drop, but I don't know how much to go with. I've seen Neuspeed Sport springs that have a 1.75F / 1.5R drop, and then I'd get some KONI reds, or AGX's with those. If anyone has pics with that drop please post for reference.

My other idea is to do about a 2.2F / 2.0R drop with Neuspeed Race springs and KONI yellows. There's a complete kit on the Neuspeed site which runs for $600. Obviously I would need a camber correction kit. Does anyone have pics of this much of a drop?

And both of these drops will be on stock wheels/tires.

It all depends on your plans and desires. A low drop will give you that ground hugging look, but take the quality away from the ride. It also introduces a line of problems that all come back to one key point, your car was not designed to be slammed.

On the other end of the spectrum, if you lower the car a little, you won't have that "cool lowered car" look, but who really wants that. It's a dime a dozen with these cheap e-bay kits. With a light to medium drop on the right kit, you keep that custom look and retain the ride quality.

I had a 2.2 drop. It was OK, but I didn't like the fact I had to redefine how I drive because I was so low. I have about 1.8 drop with my Ground Control coilovers, and I'm going to end up raising a tiny bit more. The low is cool for a while, but the ride gets harsh and pointless.

Suggestion: go with the subtle drop. don't focus on how low your car is, but how well it rides.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I guess another plus to only moderatley lowering the car is that you don't need to get a camber correction kit.

Comment

I got soem moderate springs for sale..want em? Check my sig..

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137
        Black Doubt Crew member #2
        Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137

Comment

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

Comment

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137

Comment

I got some moderate springs for ya..want em? check my sig...

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137

Comment

I don't think so...not low enough for me.

Comment

-A. Swift
                      CB7 member number 137

Comment

-A. Swift
                        CB7 member number 137

Comment

I don't think so...they're not low enough for me.

Comment

-A. Swift
                            CB7 member number 137

Comment

-A. Swift
                              CB7 member number 137

Comment

Working...
                              X