advice on best bushing set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice on best bushing set

im looking to get a bushing set, trying to spend less than 100 total.

i know thiers energy suspension, but i was just wondering what the best brand is i couldnt really find much, also where i can get some besides ebay, nothing from my car has been baught off ebay except the ambers which will be replaced soon.
    ]

if you only want to spend 100 bucks then es bushings or oem are your best bet, but if you're willing to spend the money look into prothane.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
      if you only want to spend 100 bucks then es bushings or oem are your best bet, but if you're willing to spend the money look into prothane.

no i can spend more i just wanted a good deal. thanks ill look into that
      ]

Comment

the ES kit on ebay which is about 95 shipped only comes with basicallyall front bushings i guess id have to get oem rear shock bushings because mine are bad.

gahh i need to heal so i can get this junkyard job and dump every dollar i make into my car again and be short 16 dollars for rent like last month.
        ]

Comment

does anyone know if they sell an OEM master bushing set? that would be alright with me, i just want it fresh again.
          ]

Comment

eh mine off ebay with shipping and taxes was like 115-125 Ithink. I wanted blacks but chose reds. Prothane are better but much harsher which made me steer away from that since I pefer comfort. Hey whats the automatic bushing OEM cost?

Comment

i have the ES kit, never been happier, i may eventually buy the prothane rear bushings individually, but i dont really see a point at the moment....id say get the ES kit, no questions asked..just my .02 though.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

i have ES kits on two cars and the steering is fairly solid.
                on my DD car with oem upper strut bushings the car feels like my friend's 06 civic ex.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I just received my energy suspention kit for the front strut mounts, and lower controll arms

what do i do about the hydrolic press needed for the lower control arm bushing?

anyone does this before or do i have to get a shop to?

Comment

Originally posted by 1loudaccord
                    I just received my energy suspention kit for the front strut mounts, and lower controll arms

what do i do about the hydrolic press needed for the lower control arm bushing?

anyone does this before or do i have to get a shop to?
                    if you have like an airhammer or something

a shop just has the right tools, you could find out how they would do it, and get the tools or just get a shop too.
                    ]

Comment

Easiest way is to remove the parts and then pay a shop to press out all your old bushings, and then go home and install the new ones. I torched some of my bushings, but never figured out how to get the sleeve out.

Comment

Do they sell the Es kit on Ebay? Too lazy to look..lol

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

yes.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

you could get away with only using key ES bushings and going oem for the rest, and still get pretty much the same gains.

I haven't really seen much in terms of the rear bushings, have you seen how many there are? and i dont know it ES would really help in the rear, i do know that the rear has ~$200 worth of OEM bushings from majestic.!!!

also with the bushing removal, if you get the bushing out and only have the sleeve left in there. you take a hand saw and stick the blade inside the sleeve and cut a slit down to the control arm, then heat both sides of the cut with the torch till its hot, and hit it with a punch or chisle and it should pop right out.

Becarful not to get hit by a flying sleeve as they tend to be red hot!
                            Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

ES doesn't make any bushings for the rear, but prothane does. There are 4 lca bushings, 1 shock mount bushing, and 1 for the rear uca. I think that's it on one side, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X