Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop/rims/tires/camber kit

i see some 17" rims in my future the offset will be 40+
    the tires most likely will be 215/45/r17.
    the suspension will be the supercup kit but i will get the neuspeed sport in stead of the race springs.

now will i be needing a camber kit. most people say that it will be fine with the sport springs but i dont' know how good it will be with 17" rims.

what do you people thing. will the tire rub on the fender while cornering or when having one or two people in the car??

any advice that you guys will have plz shot away.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Originally posted by alb_accord
    i see some 17" rims in my future the offset will be 40+
    the tires most likely will be 215/45/r17.
    the suspension will be the supercup kit but i will get the neuspeed sport in stead of the race springs.

now will i be needing a camber kit. most people say that it will be fine with the sport springs but i dont' know how good it will be with 17" rims.

what do you people thing. will the tire rub on the fender while cornering or when having one or two people in the car??

any advice that you guys will have plz shot away.
    i mayb wrong. but 215's are hard to fit. biggest i have seen is 205. iono . otherwise setup looks dope. you can dump your car like mines long as you have your toe right. I have a friend that does alignment and he did my toe. I have no camber wear on my current drop. So a camber kit is up to you. But ingalls is the shyt for camber kits but the price lol.
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

the tire shouldn't rub when cornering especially with that drop, but if u have people in the car u might not sure on that one. I know for a fact if u went lower than that it will rub. I'm running a 205/40/17, so u should be fine with a 215
      as for a camber kit u should probably eventually get one, but for the mean time u a good alignment and rotate ur tires u should get good life out of them
      Last edited by BB6-SH; 06-29-2007, 02:10 AM.

Comment

if your looking at 17's, i would go for a 1.5 drop. camber might be a issue. take the car to the alignment shop and they should give you a paper of how much toe was adjusted and how much neg. camber you have. if its less then 1.5 degrees, thats not major. i would say, save up for ALL of ur suspension parts. do it right the first time.

215's are fine.

Comment

thanks guys.

for the suspension parts i am not cheaping out. i am buying some of the best things that the money can buy.
          hmmm so you guys realy thing that 17" rims with 215/45/r17 tires with a 1.8 f and 1.5 back drop will rub with one or two people in the car....
          i want to make sure if i really need a camber kit before i go to the shop to get an aligment. i want everything done at once and be done with it.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

if anything a 215 for a drop is ok. i rather go with a 205-45.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I'm on 18's with 225/40's and no rubbing with my Tein S-Tech drop

Comment

Working...
              X