Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncy Bouncy

thisis for all of you who have lowered your car

is it supposed to be bouncy, and if so how long does it last? cause mine bounces at every bump lol unless i give it some gass then it stops haha

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

thanks to aww_shiet i found out my problem lol ive gotta tone down the damper lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

cant get rid of it my friend, it also depends on wut springs ur using. i have some ebay coilovers and tockico illuminas and my ride its pretty bouncy. i can adjust the stiffnesss on my struts, but still bouncy. i think its cuz when you lower the ride height, now you have less absortion travel on your shocks, so right now they're almost compressed all the way so theres alot of tension.

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

thanks man ifi cant get rid of it ill just raise it up a bit to stop the UCA from hitting lol ita barly touching right now so ill raise it a turn or 2

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread

Comment

It all depends on your setup. Full coilovers aren't so bouncy, but they are very expensive. A cheaper setup will be bouncier. And I believe that's why you get the new struts because they are designed for the lower ride height and stiffer springs.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

im rolling on neuspeed springs with a spring cut out and tokiko blues and my ride is smooth
            Originally posted by jboyce
            i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

^^lol i doubt that, cut springs bounce like a mother.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                It all depends on your setup. Full coilovers aren't so bouncy, but they are very expensive. A cheaper setup will be bouncier. And I believe that's why you get the new struts because they are designed for the lower ride height and stiffer springs.

yea ive got a ful coilover kit there NEX type SS and im getting annoied lol im gonna remove my camber kit cause the UCA is hitting the fender well, then later on ill get a ball joint camber kit unless theres a way to use the anchor bolt type and not have the UCA hit

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm
                  cant get rid of it my friend, it also depends on wut springs ur using. i have some ebay coilovers and tockico illuminas and my ride its pretty bouncy. i can adjust the stiffnesss on my struts, but still bouncy. i think its cuz when you lower the ride height, now you have less absortion travel on your shocks, so right now they're almost compressed all the way so theres alot of tension.
                  those ebay coilovers and tokico illuminas will bounce regardless if u stiffen it. the springs are the weak link. i got skunk2 coilovers for my civic coupe. i ordered them for a integra cuz the spring rate is bigger for the integra. im running kyb gr-2 struts up front and stocks in the rear and the rear end bounces like hell. looking into getting kyb agx or skunk 2 struts

Comment

well i think ive figured out my prob the damper is too soft so ima try stiffining it up

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

dang this sux its non adjustible and the front is drivingme nutzzz, the rear is perfect.

could the uca hitting the fender well be causing it to be bouncy?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

What did I say lol. That wont cause it but I would recommend you raising it higher if its hitting. Also takes a while for it to settle. I think its too stiff man if those spring rates are right...20k in front and 22k in the rear thats stiff as a mofo man lol. And as for the person that mention full coil overs ride less bouncy not always true....The ones that ride decent have a dampening adjustment the ones that dont have a back breaking ride. Usually if you live somewhere flat you wont have to complain but with bumpy roads and such you will feeel everythang!

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ill try raising it a few more inches to see if it stoppes hitting

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                            ^^lol i doubt that, cut springs bounce like a mother.

give me some gas money ill come pick you up and show you. my ride is not bouncy like a mother its actually pretty damn smooth
                            Originally posted by jboyce
                            i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

ok guys what i thought it was, was infact what was causeing it to bounce lol it was resting on the upper control arm and every time i hit a small bump the suspension would push up on the car causing it to bouncy bouncy, now i just gotta figure out where some sounds are comming from when i back up cause it sounds like somthings binding kinda like its the shield around the rotor ill be taking a look at that in a few minutes

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X