What tire pressure do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tire pressure do you use?

Hey everyone, so I was playing with my tire pressure lately (OEM 15" six-spoke wheels, 195/60 Yokohama Avid H4S tires), and I ended up going with 37psi front, and 35psi rear. Turn-in is noticeably sharper than using 32 front, but the ride is harsher too (I've gotten used to that, but I may cut back to 36f/34r). My experimentation here started from reading an article (I wanna say it was in Sport Compact or Motor Trend...yeah, how'd I get those mixed up?) where they mentioned that manufacturer's recommended psi ratings are more for ride comfort, and decent tires should be able to handle more than that. So anyway, what pressure is everyone else running? It'd be cool if you mention what wheels and tires you're running too. Thanks!
    No idea/don't pay attention to it
    10.53%
    32 front/rear
    34.21%
    35 front/rear
    21.05%
    different front vs. rear (please list)
    13.16%
    other (still same psi all around. please list)
    21.05%

I run 29 psi f/r with Bridgestone Turanza's.
    What? I'm a poor bastard.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I'm running about 40psi on all four. Cornering feels decent, not that great though since my tires have softer sidewalls. Ride is good, but you can feel the little bumps.

Tires: Dunlop SP Sport 5000 P205/55ZR15 max press. 55psi

Members Ride Thread

Comment

35psi all day,

accord.. 225/35wr18
        civic...195/5vr15

Comment

38 f/r
          hankook k106's 205/55r15

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

32-33 front and rear

Toyo Proxes H4 205/60 R15

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

205/40/17 32 front and rear
              Accord Of The Month January 09
              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

32psi of Nitrogen, 185/50 R14 MICHELIN X-Radial tires on stock Steelies. Later

Comment

I have 205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta SPT's and I run 51 psi all around, max is 51. All my strut mount bushings are very worn from my D2's, which I'm redoing all the bushings front and rear. Then I can really dial tire pressures in and do more suspension adjustments too.

Comment

36 front and 34 rear.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The fuzion tires have some strong ass sidewalls, so i run 40 psi all around, sometime 44 psi havent really messed with diffrent front/rear combos
                      Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                        I have 205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta SPT's and I run 51 psi all around, max is 51. All my strut mount bushings are very worn from my D2's, which I'm redoing all the bushings front and rear. Then I can really dial tire pressures in and do more suspension adjustments too.
                        Woah you actually run 51psi?! Is that cold or hot? You do know that when the tires warm up, the pressure goes up to 2psi higher, right? But even then, that's still pretty high bro, I'd be scared!!

Anyways, manufacturers usually recommend 32psi all around...But according to the pros I talked to at an autocross event, 42psi is usually the optimal pressure..with 32psi, your tires will wear out faster (apparently)..

Summer time, I usually run 40psi up front, and 30psi in the rear...When they warm up they go up to 42psi and 32psi, respectively..The reason I do this is so that the front will have more traction than the rear..You can actually feel it, understeer is greatly reduced around corners, and I can also launch better..

Winter time, I usually run 34psi all around..Gives the car a more neutral handling, especially in icy/snowy conditions

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

well i use 40psi rear and 35 30 in the front but on some tires like the parada spec'2 i found out they give more overstear with more psi in thefront vs the rear you just have to keep checking if you are real into getting the most out of your set up. some people will tell you it doesnt matter but i can tell a diffrence. keep checking your suppost to everytime you fill the gas up any ways

Comment

I usually try to stick to the recommended 32-35psi

I imagine it might be a little better to run the front a bit higher than the rear.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                              Woah you actually run 51psi?! Is that cold or hot? You do know that when the tires warm up, the pressure goes up to 2psi higher, right? But even then, that's still pretty high bro, I'd be scared!!
                              I'm def. aware of the increase in pressure w/ heat, the 51 psi was hot, on a colder night over the summer, it'll dip down to 47/48psi. I haven't had any problems what so ever and it says right on the sidewall, 51 psi max. Yeah, it's pretty high, but I fig'd Kumho knows what they're doing and they feel awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X