Bump to the Stizz-ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump to the Stizz-ops

So I've got two different stories on what to do with my bump stops when I lower my car. My AGX's came with documentation saying I should cut them by about half. My Neuspeed springs however, say that I shouldn't cut them AT ALL! What's the deal, yo?

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

thanks for bringing this up nemo and i hope you dont mind me asking a questions as well,
    just curious where the bump stops are and what they look like?

pics would be appreciated, thanks for any help

Comment

They're actually on the rod of the shock. They're what stops your car from bottoming the shock out every time you hit a bump (hence bump-stop) Sorry, no pics...

Comment

yea, i want pics too, i need to get new ones, cause i had them cut for my coilovers, but i need whole ones for my Eibachs...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

hmm

i cant say ive seen them or even remember them,
          my car is lowered 3" and i hear a bang everytime i hit a relatively big bump..
          im assuming they either arent there or arent any good..
          good assumption-thanks tho nemo.. sorry to jack ya

Comment

This is what the forum's about! Everyone learns!

But back to my question...should I listen to the shock's instructions or the springs?

Comment

how low are you dropping it?

0.5-1.5inches just leave em
              2.0inches+ cut em in half

Juiced member....
              05' will be the year of the accord.

Comment

I would cut them it allows more shock travel. My friend had tehm on his crx and didnt cut them and he hated it and ended up taking everthing back out and cutting the bump stop
                cb7 sold
                2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRc3
                  how low are you dropping it?

0.5-1.5inches just leave em
                  2.0inches+ cut em in half
                  Yeah, she's going down 2.5"...I think I might e-mail Neuspeed just to be sure. Not to discredit you any, but it could provide some good info.

Comment

Originally posted by iamnemo
                    Yeah, she's going down 2.5"...I think I might e-mail Neuspeed just to be sure. Not to discredit you any, but it could provide some good info.
                    I'm pretty sure its a standard procedure of cutting the bump stops anything below 2." Neuspeed may be referring to a different lowering spring, so hit them up about it. My 5th gens bump stops were yellow

http://accordinglydone.com/tech/tech.php?ID=71

^ the 11th pic down shows them cutting the bump stop. i dont know if the 4th gen accords look like this or not. Theirs a prelude, so IDK, but youll know cuz its mounted on the strut rod towards the top

Comment

Originally posted by yofmatt
                      I'm pretty sure its a standard procedure of cutting the bump stops anything below 2." Neuspeed may be referring to a different lowering spring, so hit them up about it. My 5th gens bump stops were yellow

http://accordinglydone.com/tech/tech.php?ID=71

^ the 11th pic down shows them cutting the bump stop. i dont know if the 4th gen accords look like this or not. Theirs a prelude, so IDK, but youll know cuz its mounted on the strut rod towards the top
                      Yeah, I have that page bookmarked. It's how I'm going to do my instal (depending on the bump stop thing) I e-mailed Neuspeed so I hope they'll respond by tomorrow!

Comment

I've got some Honda bumpstops if anyone needs them. They're half-cut in the front, and full in the rear. New.

Comment

Neuspeed stated specifically in my instructions as well that the bumpstops do not need to be cut because the bumpstops were figured into the spring rate...or something along those lines. Anyway, I cut mine a long time ago from my very first suspension set up and so I am still using them on my Neu. Race and I haven't had any problems bottoming out EVER. By the way, a good way to find out your suspension's travel on the shock would be to tie a twist tie onto the shock rod and then drive a round for a little bit then check to see where the twist tie is on the rod in relation to where it originally was. It helped me find out that i was bottoming out on some of my past suspensions whenever I was questioning if i was actually bottoming out or if it was just something else.
                          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I am constantly bottoming out, I cracked an oil pan actually because of it. I didn't install my springs and struts, mainly because at the time, I didn't have a place to do it. But, I am curious now, if the guy who installed them cut mine in half?!? I honestly do NOT want to take them off. Anyone, have a sure method of checking without removal?
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X