Collective Racing Traction Bar problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collective Racing Traction Bar problems

I'm checking to see if anyone has had any troubles with there Collective Racing traction bars breaking at the welds. I went over the car for the pre-race inspection last night and found the welds actually completely broken on the left side at the plate, and at the nearest bracket. On the other side the weld was split but not full separated. I went ahead and burned the coating off and rewelded the whole bar, but it made me feel a bit un-easy.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with the "new batch" of traction bars?

Colin
    wat

Blackice had his brake a few months ago
    You can see more pics here
    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ar#post1008885

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

That's about identical to where mine broke. Did the break cause his accident, or vice versa?
      wat

Comment

Yea. I believe he was turning and it snapped and caused him to wreck into the curb.

I'll let him know about this thread so he can chime in with his own words.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

damn it looks like a combination of poor penetration and rust from weak paint

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

that bar should have been inserted into a bore rather than welded on top.

DEVOTE

Comment

damn !
              did you call them and tell them???no refund???
              isn't that 2point6 's place???
              FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
              My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

I didn't call them because it's not worth the trouble. I didn't take pictures of it, I just burned the coating off and re-welded it for this weekend. Yes, it's Scott's (2point6) place. It just looks like poor welds were the culprit. Not enough penetration into the thick steel plate. Not sure if that was a user error problem or just not paying enough attention. Either way, if Scott offers compensation great, if not, ohwell I'll make a new one this winter.
                wat

Comment

I didn't contact scott about my issues with the bar either because I didn't feel it was worth my time. The bar is pretty much destroyed and sitting at my place. Fortunately I had saved the stock one to slap back on. I ended up bending the bolt on my st sway bar, bowed the lca and destroyed my fender, jdm fog, front lip and scarred up the bumper. I agree that it looks like poor penetration. Actually looks soldered instead of welded lol. The welds on the other end of the bar are also half pulled off.
                  Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                  Project 240SX
                  Originally posted by chillin943
                  anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                  Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

not kool

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I understand shit happens, I'm just lucky in my case because my car is a strictly drag car only. If that had totally failed on the strip with my locked differential and slicks, I'd have been fucked. Either way, being sold a "quality" part and having it fail like something eBay would sell, is pretty discouraging nonetheless. Hopefully the issue will be resolved, but I won't be purchasing the upgrade (if there would be one) to find out.
                      wat

Comment

liability suit any1?

- Daniel
                        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

thats a scary thought

(good thing i bought ESP's traction bar)

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

id be on the phone with my attorney right now if i were you.. i guess you dont understand the magnitude of this parts failure.
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Oh I do, I was doing around 70 on the corner when it snapped. Flew about 5 yards into a 4 foot ditch. I was extremely lucky because it the road runs up along a cliff. The rest of my suspension setup probably saved me (ksports fully damped and my sway bars). I would have most likely rolled otherwise, as is i crossed into the other lane and hit the ditch (it was a corner curving to the right)... But I don't have the money for lawyer fees and such. Besides the fact that Scott has a liability clause "offroad use only".
                              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                              Project 240SX
                              Originally posted by chillin943
                              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Working...
                              X