Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad noise going over bump's Details inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad noise going over bump's Details inside.

Ok guys I'm not sure what more i can do here. The front drivers side makes a gut wrenching bang when going over bumps.

Things that have been replaced
    1. Upper control arm's with ingalls ball joint camber kit.
    2. Tokico Shocks and eibach springs.
    3. Tierod ends
    4. Upgraded sway bar bushings with one from ES.
    5. Lower ball joints as of this morning.
    Every thing other than the springs are less that 6 months old. Spring are not broken shocks are fine. It banged before i replaced them too. And no its not the ball joint kit hitting. I can go over some big smooth bumps and get full suspension travel and no noise what so ever. But when i hit small sharp bumps this is where i hear the noise. I also inspected the lower control arm bushings and they are fine, no cracks or anything. Any ideal guys and gals? Thanks.

Is it like a wicked clunking sound?
    Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

No clicking just a loud bang. Sounds more like someone hit a piece of metal with a hammer. No click, no thud just BANG! And like i said its not even compressing the suspension that much. Just these small sharp bumps do it. Like if the road is flat driving to a bridge and the bridge's surface is like an 1 1/2 higher when i hit that bump it's a loud hard sounding bang. Yet on larger whoopee bumps there is no noise even if i manage to bottom out the shocks. I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondatuner998
        Is it like a wicked clunking sound?
        I might say it's a wicked clunk. And i feel it! Only from the front driver's side.

Comment

have you checked for evidence where the banging is? id check the end of the control arm and upper wheel well.

when i had camber kits, some sides would bang harder then others.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Oh yeah under the wheel well it all banged up. But i don't think any of it is recent. When i fist did the ball joint kit yeah it hit like a mofo. But now it don't seem like the problem for the fact it wont bang when i bottom out the suspension. It's just on the sharp hits and the suspension is only traveling about 2 inches max.

Comment

the nut on the top of the strut(s) is tightened way down right?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yes indeed. Ive actually been trying to figure this out for months now. I must have taken everything apart 10 times by now. Only thing i could figure was that lower ball joint. I replaced the pass side months ago. But went ahead and changed the drivers side today hoping that was the problem. And if it helps, I can take this same bump at 20 mph and its fine. Any faster i get the dreaded clunk.

Comment

wow man i am having the same problem just on my passenger side.
                  i am under the conclusion that it's my cheap ebay upper control arms.. so i am going to buy oem arms and the spc ball joint camber kit and hope to goodness this fixes mine..

if you find your cause let me know because this is annoying as hell, and it feels bad in the car when on the interstate,, but it only happens as you stated with a distink bump it's a bang like somethings loose,, and well it is in my case.. all my bolts are as tight as possible and the controll arm still has some play in it when jacked up it moves like 1-2 mm witch isn't much... but going down the road with weight it is..
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

Bump for me and Keeles..

Comment

yeah no kidding!
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Sigh... Ive got bad driver side bump to...

But i rubber coated my wheel wells and that made it easy to see.... Giant circles the exact size of my ingalls upper ball joint camber kit.... how to get it to stop i dont know.

I can hit speed bumps and scrape car but not smack the ball joint, but a pavement change or a sewer plate will smack to beat hell.... and its so annoying.

Also sometimes get a reverberation like spring rattle from the driverside. but like the OP i have dissasembled and reassembled many times and never found anything loose or bad and i just rebuilt the front end 6 months ago.
                        Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

YES!! >>> Also sometimes get a reverberation like spring rattle from the driverside <<< It's nasty! I have that too. I'm really tempted to use next weekend and put my oem springs back on and see if that stops my problem. Id rather have the 4x4 look and it ride right than have it lowered and feel like shit. Come on people let's figure this out. I know my motor mounts are just about shot. After i fill the mounts i can check that off the list also.

Comment

Ive filled the mounts, but it dosn't help it actually makes the throttle awsome, but nothing when it comes to that suspension.

Things that have been replaced
                            1. Upper control arm's with ingalls ball joint camber kit.
                            2. Tokico Shocks and Matched Tokico springs.
                            3. Tierod ends (inner/outter)
                            4. Upgraded sway bar bushings with one from ES. and Sway bar mounts.
                            5. Lower ball joints with OEM honda
                            6. Wheel bearings
                            7. Radius rod bushings
                            8. all LCA bushings
                            9. both axles + 1 driver
                            10. brake pads
                            11. Motor mounts
                            12. All hardware & correctly torqued
                            13. Tires x 4
                            Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Working...