Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Strut Tower Bar Review

Ok so my ebay bar came in today.

Installed it in about 20 minutes and took it for a spin around the neighborhood.

Im on stock suspension. I felt a bit of a difference, not bad for $24 bux. Car def. doesnt have much of the boat feeling in the front as it used to and it feels like steering is better.

I know some people may attribute this to a sugar-pill like review but i can actually feel a difference.

How long it holds up i dont know. If the bar bends or what later on but for now it was $24 worth it.

I have the rear bar ill install that later

x2 on that i installed one an steering feels a lil tighter, overall i am happy with it for now untill i get something better
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I doubt it will bend, but basically

not bad for 24 bucks, but
      that sums it up pretty well, I want a neuspeed or something better though

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I had a neuspeed strut bar before I crashed my car (fixed the car, but the bar was a write-off) and saw an improvement in Auto-X times.
        Expect chaos.

91 Accord - AutoX beast
        04 Yamaha R6 - Knee Dragger
        02 Subaru WRX wagon - Rally slut - DD
        85 RX7 - Resurrected Rotary #1
        75 Suzuki RE5 - Resurrected Rotary #2

Comment

I agree. My car seems to corner on rails so it seems to be working as intended especially for $22. I will definitely be buying rear upper and possibly lower bars for that really buttoned down feel.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((ş>

Comment

yea everyone was saying the ebay is crap but for the $ its not bad. So for anyone on a budget wanting to get one but not wanting to shell out close to $100 for one then get the ebay one. See how it works for you then as you upgrade later on get neuspeed.

I just HAD to know if it was worth it or not and it is

Comment

My thoughts.

Cb #1. 92 LX Sedan auto---> I have ebay front and rear bars (thanks to DarkShadow) and noticed a slight difference.

CB #2. 92 EX Sedan auto---> I have a Neuspeed strut bar and is definitely worth the money and there is a very noticeable difference. No auto-x here, but do corner extremely hard.

CB #3. 93 EX Coupe manual--->Megan Bars---> Very noticeable difference as well.
              RETIRED...

Comment

Oh yea and mine is a 90 coupe. Not sure if having a coupe or sedan would make any diff.

Comment

Ebay sturt bars would be better if you weld the flex joints.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

any bar is better than no bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                      any bar is better than no bar.
                      true dat...
                      RETIRED...

Comment

I have a DC freedom trunk one, and overall I had a cheapo egay one and it was Ok, When I got the dc one I felt a noticeable different but I bet the neuspeed would be better but now I have an h22 so it wont clear. When I got my 1st one the weld looked good and they still do. When I got them for my civic They suck, the metal the goes over the strut bent when i was torquing them down, and the welds were horrible there was a slag like look all over them, I did notice a little better gain but about 2 weeks later I ordered my skunk2 bar and should be getting them. From my knowledge here is how it should go from worst to best
                        no name ebay, megan or freedom, dc, skunk2, neuspeed, and the best is custom.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

I want to get the combo set with upper front strut bar and upper rear with lower tie bars. they have a nice set on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by newjdmdriver
                            I want to get the combo set with upper front strut bar and upper rear with lower tie bars. they have a nice set on ebay
                            I bought a set off a seller they were ok except the one in the trunk it was about an inch too short on each side and when i sent an email he told me to send it back to him and provide for the return shipment i was like too much money for a 20 dollar part.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Working...
                            X