Just need some clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need some clarification

Ok today Im going to put new front rotors on. We maybe me replacing bearings.

Are the really "pressed in"? how hard is it to separate the rub/rotor/bearing?

Can you just do it with a hammer or do you need a press?

I searched didn't find much, I've looked at DIY's
    wat?

The actual rotors are bolted onto the hub and it's the hub that is pressed into the knuckle. I'd do a search there are many threads on that and the different ways of removing them.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=rotor

hopefully that helps you out

Comment

Once you get to it its pretty simple.

Btw for a ROH swap you can reuse the stock caliper and pads? all you need is the hub and rotors correct?
        wat?

Comment

Yes if you are wanting the stock rotor size but just rotor over hub. Accord wheel bearing and caliper 2.3 Acura CL hubs and rotors. If you want to safe the bearing you need to have then pressed out. When I tried to just change rotors by hitting the the hubs off with a hammer I separated the wheel bearing and had to get new ones.
          -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Originally posted by customchord
            Yes if you are wanting the stock rotor size but just rotor over hub. Accord wheel bearing and caliper 2.3 Acura CL hubs and rotors. If you want to safe the bearing you need to have then pressed out. When I tried to just change rotors by hitting the the hubs off with a hammer I separated the wheel bearing and had to get new ones.
            Yeah we were going to have them pressed in at the shop.
            wat?

Comment

Working...
            X