ABS light on, 91 SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS light on, 91 SE

Hey all, I'm looking at a one owner 91 SE auto with ABS and the light comes on after driving a short distance. I haven't purchased the car yet so I'd like to know what you all think I should start looking at replacing or what the most common causes are of this. I've searched and haven't found anything that helps me and I've never had ABS issues with my other vehicles (93 CB9, 96 4Runner) so any help is appreciated.
    Jason

Can anybody shed a light on this? No pun intended...

Comment

I have a 93 accord and i honestly have the exact same thing, it usally is just the abs computer in the back of the trunk ive replaced mine twice and just said screw it and left it on. i think its 99% sure its the abs unit your good. ive had my abs light on for like 3000 miles

Comment

My ABS works but one time, i accidentally forgot to remove the parking brake and drove on it for a little while, like a block or two. The ABS light came on soon afterward. So my logic is, you could have a sticking caliper thats dragging on a rotor. If it heats it up that much, it could disable ABS and throw that CEL on.

So what I would do is jack up the car and spin each tire to see if it rotates freely w/o any extreme effort.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You can check what the ABS light is for the same way you check the check engine light. I went to diagnois my brothers check engine light and his ABS light ( which is on ) flashed a code too.

Comment

Working...
          X