my brakes are gone, so im doing rear disc but how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brakes are gone, so im doing rear disc but how

well my drums are leaking puddles of brake fluid and the shoes are worn out.. so now im going to do a rear disc conversion

so okay what exactly do i need

90-97 accord rear everything?

and to do the ebrake cable do i need to drop the gas tank?
    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ake+conversion
    here you go man

Originally posted by visualpoet
    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

i seen that thread but it doesnt say what parts i need exactly and from wat years are straight bolt on and stuff u kno.. well hey u in cali too? nice car
      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

92 93 ex rear brakes. its easier to just pull the whole rear subframe with the sway bar attached.

i have a 91 ex so i already had the sway bar but i used 94-97 accord ex complete rear knuckle and brakes.

parts needed.
        knuckle from a 9293 ex with rotors, calipers attached.
        5spd 9293ex ebrake cables

there are 2 long bolts that run thru the knuckle one is like 12 inches long and the other is about 10 inches long. the connect the knuckle to the lower control arm and and toe arm. then there are 4 17 mm nuts that hold the knuckle to the trailing arm. removed brakelines and ebrake cable ( replace e brake cable with cable from 5spd vehicle ). after you get the 5spd cables installed reinstall the rear disk parts and go get an alignment
        MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO View Post
          i seen that thread but it doesnt say what parts i need exactly and from wat years are straight bolt on and stuff u kno.. well hey u in cali too? nice car
          oh sorry about that lol, and thanks, ChampCoupe said what is needed already.

Comment

cool man.. that helps thanks.. but still kinda confused lol.. 5speed ebrake cable from 9293 ex? whats the difference from auto to 5speed? i have a 5speed 91 ex lol do i need the rear subframe? cuz it doesnt come with it.. are u in socal? wanna help me?
            MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

It doesn't have to be manual. Either auto or 5 speed it doesnt matter which. It is easier to unbolt the whole rear subframe then separating the knuckles because of frozen bolts in the bushings. make sure you get 92-93 rear disc e-brake cables so the length is correct.

Comment

cool man.. that helps thanks.. but still kinda confused lol.. 5speed ebrake cable from 9293 ex? whats the difference from auto to 5speed? i have a 5speed 91 ex lol do i need the rear subframe? cuz it doesnt come with it.. are u in socal? wanna help me?
                I do not think there should be a difference, when people do transmission swaps and everything and they do not nee to switch the ebrake cable. I currently am in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo w/out a ride.

Comment

e-brake cables are different from drum to disc so you are in need of them.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
                    I do not think there should be a difference, when people do transmission swaps and everything and they do not nee to switch the ebrake cable. I currently am in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo w/out a ride.
                    sorry i didnt mean to put the 5spd in there, just needs to be an 9293 EX. or wagon with rear disc brakes.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                      sorry i didnt mean to put the 5spd in there, just needs to be an 9293 EX. or wagon with rear disc brakes.
                      what CC said, just get any cable from any 9293 ex and you should be good.

Comment

well there is a guy selling me a whole rear disc setup with ebrake cable.. he said its 9293 and he wants only 100 bux is that a good deal?

btw to juan

back in 1998 i think it was.. my dad was in jail in san luis obispo mens central jail and i went i use to go out there alot and theres this little thing for kids were its kinda like a day care.. well they took us out on the tour there in cal poly san luis obispo lol.. big campus.. is there still an arcade there? well my dad is there AGAIN sadly so i will be going up there alot

but yeah thanks guys

would it be better and cheaper to do the rear disc setup for 100 bux or should i just change my drums, shoes and wheel cylinders?
                        MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

$100 is a great deal, get it.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

well there is a guy selling me a whole rear disc setup with ebrake cable.. he said its 9293 and he wants only 100 bux is that a good deal?

btw to juan

back in 1998 i think it was.. my dad was in jail in san luis obispo mens central jail and i went i use to go out there alot and theres this little thing for kids were its kinda like a day care.. well they took us out on the tour there in cal poly san luis obispo lol.. big campus.. is there still an arcade there? well my dad is there AGAIN sadly so i will be going up there alot

but yeah thanks guys

would it be better and cheaper to do the rear disc setup for 100 bux or should i just change my drums, shoes and wheel cylinders?
                            Yea, the day care is still here and so is the arcade. Yea maybe you can come and visit. I'd like to see your cb

Comment

my cb is ugly lol.. and after this situation i think imma fix it, sell it then get a 93 ex sedan or a gsr sedan or mabe a civic sedan.. but yeah back to the brakes.. how long can they sit without being touched? cuz the guy that has them for 100 has had them sitting for a while.. i hope i can just grab em and put them on i dont have much money to buy bearings rotors pads and what not
                              MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Working...
                              X