steering wheel shakes sometimes when braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel shakes sometimes when braking

i have a 93 accord w/4 disc ABS brakes, rotors have been replaced on all wheels, calibers have been replaced on front and calibers were sanded down in the back and all pads were replaced. mechanic says that when its cold the disc brakes dont work half as good, is this right? and why does my steering wheel shake...(ball joints were all replaced on front)
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Alignment/balancing?
    -Jay

Comment

i had the alignment done when the ball joints were replaced 2K ago...im wondering if it would be the brake master cylinder thats freezing up? i hope i can get the problem fixed soon

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
        i have a 93 accord w/4 disc ABS brakes, rotors have been replaced on all wheels, calibers have been replaced on front and calibers were sanded down in the back and all pads were replaced. mechanic says that when its cold the disc brakes dont work half as good, is this right? and why does my steering wheel shake...(ball joints were all replaced on front)
        could be road surface, or even though rotors are new, i have warped new rotors before so.... eek!!!!!
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

prolly the abs kicking in??
          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

i think the car has to be aligned again and i think the brake lines might need to be changed...and abs doesnt shake the wheel, but thanks, only the pedal vibrates..

Comment

I really wanna say it's the rotors, like really really badly...they might not be putting them in correctly or something. All I know is I had the same prob, they changed my rotors and they've been fine ever since.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

yea..im checking that too, but my right front axel just went, so that might be it..im getting it replaced today

Comment

I just had my left axle replaced, and that fixed my shaking. It was a bad axle.

X

Comment

my guess is you have a bad left axle, i win! just kidding, glad you got it fixed. things like that are the WORST headaches to drive with
                    92 lx
                    automatic
                    slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Working...
                    X