Bigger Disc Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger Disc Brakes

I'm just wondering about bigger brakes for a car that already has disc brakes.
    11.1" Accord Wagon front disc callipers, rotors, and pads.
    10.2" (I think, what's the OEM size of rear?) Standard Accord rear disc callipers, rotors, and pads.
    I have ABS.

Will be used in both very cold and hot weather year round. I don't track but I'd like to go on it from time to time, daily driven, lots of weekend spirited driving.

1) Bigger rotors do they just go on, or is some modification needed?
    2) When picking callipers, do they have to be a certain type to be compatible with your setup? Size wise, like putting huge 8 piston calipers on a mediocre 10" rotor. (JUST AN EXAMPLE)
    3) Will ABS cause any problems when upgrading the brake system?
    4) Upgrading the master cylinder is this necessary?
    5) Is there a universal size for pads that they mount in the calliper? Basically if I get huge callipers do I need to have "special" pads?
    6) Rotors and callipers that are made for other cars, can they be used on our cars? I think rotors should be as long as the bolt pattern is the same. For example could this go on a CB? If so what typical modifications would be needed for the upgrade?

http://www.spoon.jp/eng/details.php?...d=accord&cid=6

(Yes I know it's expensive but it's JUST a example. -_-)

7) Does anyone make a decent brake "kit" for our cars? The only one I've seen that seems ok is TAS Auto's.
    8) Is there a difference between a front calliper or rotor and rear counterpart?
    9) CB7 vs CB9 rear disc brakes, is the wagon brakes bigger?
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 04-09-2011, 01:10 AM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Bump*
    I know this got moved from the begineer section for a proper reason.
    But now the thread is dead and not a lot of people look in this sub forum.
    Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Bumparoo wooptie do....
      Current:

Past:

Comment

i have these same questions can anyone help our

Comment

1. They'll slide right onto the hub so long as they're the right bolt pattern... takes more than that to actually install them.

2. They have to be able to fit

3. May or may not, depends on the extent of your modifications.

4. Shouldn't be. You can if you want though.

5. Different calipers use different pads.

6. Yes... sorta. Of course to mount the calipers you would need custom brackets. That's gonna be your biggest problem, getting brackets to accomodate the larger pads, and to re-mount the calipers.

7. I dunno... Pretty sure there are Prelude kits that can be made to work. I can't remember who makes the Gran Turismo kit or whatever it's called.

8. Yes. Front components are larger. Rear rotor is also ROH which is nice.

9. No idea!

Comment

7, i used a setup from a 2002 Acura TL that converted me to ROH, bigger brakes 11" rotor and 5 lugged my car all at the same time.
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

dude wagon brakes swap right over. you just need calipers, rotors and caliper bracket then a set of pads for the wagon. then stainless braided lines and you're pretty much as good as it gets without any real expensive parts. you can get some slotted rotors and beefier pads like ebc red stuff and that'll make a huge difference.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I already have full wagon brakes, in my wagon and in the sedan. Sedan has SS lines too with ABS. EBC red stuff I heard needs to be real hot for it to bite and wears most rotors down to shreads. Slotted rotors are what I have been looking at for a while from various brands.

Thanks guys, I'll keep in mind what you said bobbycos.
                Current:

Past:

Comment

Working...
                X