Wagon Rotor Swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon Rotor Swap???

Quick question guys....Could I use my 93 sedan calipers with 90-93 wagon rotors?

Originally posted by TuneAccordingly View Post
    Quick question guys....Could I use my 93 sedan calipers with 90-93 wagon rotors?
    IIRC that would be a no, the wagon rotors are larger than the sedan/coupe.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

DJ is correct. Wagon calipers are larger as well.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Thanks guys also are te si prelude rotors the same as the vtec? I remember seeing the si rotors being considered as an upgrade.

Comment

Thanks guys also are te si prelude rotors the same as the vtec? I remember seeing the si rotors being considered as an upgrade.
          It's the Wagon rotors AND calipers that you want. Goes from 10" rotor to 11.1" rotors.
          Last edited by dj_ender; 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Nevermind found my answer thanks guys

Comment

Pretty sure the "SI" rotors are still 10.X inch....
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                Pretty sure the "SI" rotors are still 10.X inch....
                Pretty sure they are too, never heard anyone mention them when taking about a brake upgrade.

Comment

DJ, while the Prelude VTEC rotors are 11.1" just like the wagon rotors they are not hub over rotor. Also they're 23mm thick as opposed to 25mm like the wagon rotors.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                    It's the (97-01)VTEC Lude/Wagon rotors AND calipers that you want. Goes from 10" rotor to 11.1" rotors.
                    97-01 prelude rotors are 5 lug.

92-96 prelude VTEC rotors are 11.1" and ROH and 4 lug. 23mm

4th/5th gen wagons are HOR, 25mm.

92-96 prelude VTEC and 4th/5th gen wagons use the same calipers.

Comment

lol, yes.

Its the bracket that has the problem, not the calipers. Thats because the rotors are of a different thickness, depending on which car they are being sourced from.

Almost all honda calipers can be bolted to any bracket.

If you wanna know the thickness of rotors and their other dimensions head on over to rockauto.com Centric shows what the dimensions are.

My personal goal for my CD5 is 11.8 rotor up front with a 11.2 in the rear peering through my 15x6.5 traklites. Running stock calipers to start then modifying them to possibly legend's/pilot/odysseys-front or wagon/s2k rear calipers. With a 15/16ths master instead of the 1" at least, if not a 7/8ths master.

Anyway ya go about it, its overkill as the stock calipers lock up the whees just fine. The rotor increase is for heat dissipation, not really stopping power... to be able to NOT lock up the tires youd have to be running a super wide super sticky tire on some amazing asphalt. - presuming your brakes are in good working order.

The only reason I'll be putting a different than stock setup on mine is for brake response really. That is until its turbo'd where I can accelerate faster repatively, and thus must increase the heat sinking capacity of the car to deal with the new found power when driving around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        DJ, while the Prelude VTEC rotors are 11.1" just like the wagon rotors they are not hub over rotor. Also they're 23mm thick as opposed to 25mm like the wagon rotors.
                        seriously....I Swear I bought VTEC lude rotors....gotta check my receipts now

edit... I know what I did, I was confusing the rotors and calipers because the calipers are the same for the VTEC Lude and the Wagon...fml
                        Last edited by dj_ender; 04-10-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                          It's the (97-01)VTEC Lude/Wagon rotors AND calipers that you want. Goes from 10" rotor to 11.1" rotors.
                          But aren't the 97-01 lude 5 lug? We would have to get the 93-96 vtec rotors. Also my stock brackets should be fine with vtec/wagon calipers?

Comment

providing you are getting the ROH 92-96 prelude VTEC rotor you should get the 92-96 prelude VTEC caliper bracket too. 23t bracket. i found mine on rockauto.com

and yes, 97-01 prelude rotors are 5 lug.

Comment

No. Your stock brackets will need to be mated to the thickness of the rotor you go with.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X