Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will 5th gen rear disc work on the 4th gen !??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 5th gen rear disc work on the 4th gen !??!

I searched h-t archives for an answer, but no luck. I found a 94 EX sedan with discs in the rear I can pillage, but I am not 100% sure they will fit my 1991 Wagon. Can anyone help me find the answer to this one?

Thanks
    1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'
    2001 Tafetta White Integra GSR Sedan

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    most of the same part numbers check out....i'd check to make sure it wouldn't make the wheel stick out or in and wouldn't sit too low or high for any reason.....but since you're swapping from rear drum to rear disc, you might run into problems with the hub for some reason, but i don't really see why...i've never tried it personally, but it should be do-able.....just get a tape measure and check all that you can as far as where it sits in relation to the rest of the suspension.......unless someone tells you that it wouldn't work and they're 100% sure, then i'd go for it
    i agree with fizzbob.

question, are you running stock 14" wheels, or a larger aftermarket wheel? i would see possible clearance problems with the stock 14". my thinking is that the 94 ex wheel is 15". i may be totally off in my thinking though. i wouldn't see any problem with a 15" or larger aftermarket wheel though.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7

i don't think the wheel diameter would hurt anything...you can put 14" wheels on 4th or 5th gen cars with rear disc.....but i'd check first anyway
      yea, def. check 1st. i was/am just unclear if a 14" stock might have a prob. with clearance. prob. not, but you never know.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

will work 100% positive.
        Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
        92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
        99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

Working...
        X