braking problem when its hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

braking problem when its hot

well first off my rotors are fucked up need to be changed warped to hell... so it shakes violently everytime i hit the brake. so am going to replace my rotors and pads very soon. but something that im not sure about is when its hot out or warm my brake pedal gets lose and sinks to the floor the brakes dont catch. or i will be siting on a hill and have the brake in and start to slowly drift and i have to slam on the brakes and it easily goes t othe floor. only does it when its warm or hot. otherwise the pedal is stiff and brakes good despite the shaking from the rotors.. anyone know what that is?? please help if you do tell me what needs to be done i havent gotten up underneith yet no time but tell me what to look for please..

brake fade or a bad brake booster
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

same problem thought it was only me

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

could be brake fade, basically cheap ass pads.

if u want to test ur booster, when the car is off pump the brakes and let it get hard....then hold it and start the car...if the pedal falls to the floor ur booster is air tight.

check the rears too, if u have drums they need either to be adjusted or replaced as well.

i used to burn out my pads soo quick...and it would heat up and it would take hella effort to stop....and smoke would come out. but a brake pad upgrade to a ceramic compound helped.

since u been heating up ur brakes and all i think u should flush the system out as well and put some quality brake fluid in there.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

definately my next mod fixing the broken shit in my braking system prolly better than buying more jdm goodies

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

glad to know im not the only one here and that its a fairly easy fix im getting brembo rotors and pads soon i'll flush the fliud.. im just trying to figure out when i will be able to afford them.. went on a god damn vacation for 4 days with my g/f and it ate up my whole pay check and then some...

Comment

If your brake pedal hits the floor while you are driving its the master brake cyclinder. Had the same problem awhile back, I would drive my car for about 20 minutes and after braking numerous times the peddle would just get weaker and weaker to the point when I was trying to stop I had to pump the brakes to get my car to stop (pushing the peddle to the floor repeadetly in a pump action till the car stopped). Changed out my brake pads and rotors, and had my drums serviced and it was still doing it. Finally took it to the mechanic and he was like oh, master cylinder dude, and that fixed the problem.
              my ride

Comment

yeah i was thinking for a longtime it might be that too but it ONLY does it when its warm out i had NO problems through the winter just when it started to get warm... and only on warm days.. and i noticed when its a warm day and its acting up then it starts raining and cooling down, its fine.. brakes perfect.

Comment

Are you going through a lot of fluid? If your refilling your resevior all the time you could have 1) bad master cyliner, or 2) a hole in one of your brake lines (which happened to me). Hope to god its not the brake booster, its a bitch to change.

Oh, and just because you have warped rotors doesn't mean your hard on your brakes. Drive for 10 minutes and then drive through a puddle in January. Boom, you have warped rotors. Or wash your car right after you drove it... thats always a very easy way to do it too. I would know, I've done both!

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                  We got something to say!
                  Police this, condemn this, damn this
                  We'll be heard anyway!
                  Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Working...
                  X