NSX Calipers and Rotors on a CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSX Calipers and Rotors on a CB7

I read a LOT of threads (mostly about legend calipers) and i know that legend caliper swap is not the best way to go (Trailing-Edge calipers vs. Our cars that are Leading-Edge), however NSX seems to be alright as they are the same Leading-Edge calipers as our CB7s, but I never found a solid answer to the question, Can it be done, and what is needed. Can someone just give me a straight up answer;

Can i put NSX Calipers & Rotors (Accord V6/Wagon/or NSX) on my CB7, and what parts do I need exactly.

Thank you
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

That's a good question! The best answer would to try to look up as many measurements on nsx brakes and calipers and crossrefrence those numbers to the cb7. Also another contributing factor is cost, if you can't find any to buy or they're all way to expensive you might as well go with an aftermarket kit.

exlpoded view w/ part #link
    Last edited by porc933; 12-23-2006, 01:36 AM.

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

If you want to run NSX brake pads ...use the Acura Vigor calipers with the Acura Vigor brake bracket...direct swap with the CB7..its has the Leading-Edge calipers like our CB7's....im doing this swap this summer..Works very well....I know of a local racer that uses them on his CB7, and he loves them...

All u need : Vigor Calipers, Brackets, Rotors, Pads. Same brake system as in the Acura NSX minus the prop valve and hydraulic assist. No need to replace hubs or anything...

Use all original Honda/Acura parts, they are heat-treated unlike some other "performance" brake systems.

Its costly, but will make u kiss the windshield everytime u stop.

Things to look out for:

-Make sure you are running at least 15" wheels for clearance.
      -Rebuild a used brake caliper set...don't just pick up from junkyard.
      -Should also work with a rear disk conversion...

Have fun!
      DEVOTE

Comment

i believe it should be: 2.3CL hubs, 92-96 prelude rotors, NSX calipers pads AND brackets.

honda-tech has a thread about brake swap options for accords somewhere, has a breakdown of all the combinations. its my understanding that NSX brackets mount the same as prelude and accord ones do, so if you pair the calipers with matching brackets itll fit fine...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i dont want to run just NSX Pads, i want to run NSX pads and Calipers. I haven't heard of vigor calipers, i know that the legend are not leading edge. So are vigor the same size as NSX calipers?

cp mike you said i can use 92-96 prelude rotors, can i use the bigger then accord prelude vtec rotors?
          Last edited by aleks77; 12-23-2006, 04:05 PM.
          1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
            i dont want to run just NSX Pads, i want to run NSX pads and Calipers. I haven't heard of vigor calipers, i know that the legend are not leading edge. So are vigor the same size as NSX calipers?

cp mike you said i can use 92-96 prelude rotors, can i use the bigger then accord prelude vtec rotors?
            Yeah, with 2.3 CL hubs you can use Prelude VTEC rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77

from what my Honda Mechanic told me (the same one that did the Vigor brake swap on the CB) the Vigor calipers are very similar to the NSX ones....the Vigor caliper pistons are supposedly even larger than the prelude calipers...the Acura Vigor was supposed to have been a very sporty car...thus the impressive hardware....mind u, the Vigor Calipers don't say "NSX"

I am pretty sure the NSX calipers will fit on our car with 16" wheels and the brake bracket. If you do go ahead with this swap...try and get stainless steel brake lines as well...just to get the best out of the setup.
              DEVOTE

Comment

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=8300

and search there theres other threads about the details of the nsx calipers.
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-23-2006, 08:50 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i swear that i remember someone have CTR's (obviously a 5 lug swap)and NSX caliper on here im gonna try searching but it was a while ago that i saw it. i believe it was a black coupe

-sean
                  Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                  Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
                    i swear that i remember someone have CTR's (obviously a 5 lug swap)and NSX caliper on here im gonna try searching but it was a while ago that i saw it. i believe it was a black coupe

-sean
                    You must be referring to "f22a." IDK about the NSX calipers (he's using Prelude calipers), unless you're thinking of another car but here's the thread on his CB:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...1&page=2&pp=20

Comment

So if i want NSX Calipers and VTEC Rotors this is what i need:

- 2.3CL hubs
                      - Prelude VTEC rotors
                      - NSX calipers
                      - NSX pads
                      - NSX brake bracket

Anything missing? the caliper bracket and mounting location is the same as CB7? I wanna get a full list of parts first and count how much this is gonna run me, cause i can pick up a big brake kit 4 piston calipers with 13" rotors for $800.

Comment

you might be better to get the BBK. especially if youre doing this for looks. the calipers will most likely be 150 each, the hubs are around 125 each, rotors and pads (depending on what you get) could run as much as, or even more than, 125.

thats like 675, which isnt much less than the 800 you would be paying for the BBK.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

bump for info as well, i wanna get this done as well
                          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Looks like your on to sumthin here Aleks. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

off topic, but theres a junkyard here in wichita, whos owner drives a 91 nsx that he rebuilt, has a parts car and will sell the calipers for $150 a side...thats pretty steep to me....vigor ftw!
                              -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                              newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                              newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                              newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Working...
                              X