Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CL hubs and 98-00 accord hubs why does the acura dealer say there the same thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL hubs and 98-00 accord hubs why does the acura dealer say there the same thing?

I read the article that somone on this site tried to go a cheap route and had accord hubs that were not the same and the only acura dealership around(6 hr drive) tells me that its the same part number for both hubs I wish i could just give them a part number and theyd be able to distinguish the diffrence by that but wtf is going on I have heard otehr ppls posts pertaining to this topic I need my hubs asap

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ight=rotor+hub

thats the writeup I used on my 5th gen when I did it a year and a half-ish ago.

The part number for the CL hubs you want is 44600-SY8-A00.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

just order 44600-SY8-A00 from the acura dealer and youll get the right thing, dont try to compare them to accord hubs (Honda, which the acura dealer wont have) which are definitely different.

edit: mark beat me to it. you can always order them online http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by CB7EX-R
        I read the article that somone on this site tried to go a cheap route and had accord hubs that were not the same and the only acura dealership around(6 hr drive) tells me that its the same part number for both hubs I wish i could just give them a part number and theyd be able to distinguish the diffrence by that but wtf is going on I have heard otehr ppls posts pertaining to this topic I need my hubs asap
        They are different. I have a set of 1998-2008 Accord 4 cylinder hubs sitting in my garage and they DO NOT work.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          They are different. I have a set of 1998-2008 Accord 4 cylinder hubs sitting in my garage and they DO NOT work.
          Yep and I think Cisco said the same thing which is why he is trying to get rid of his.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea I read a few times on here that they wont work as well as on accordinglydone , so your saying I should "take the plunge" and just order the hubs with that number from the acura dealership.......I have a garage for a whole week comeing up this week that I usually just do my bodywork in but the truck im working on the guy has went away without giving me any $ for supplies so im gonna throw his truck out and bring in my 92 sedan and I plan on doing this......I already have the hubs and pads im considering new calipers as with a trade in I can get them pretty cheap, new lower ball joints and hubs and you guys can confirm this and I thank all of you for your response I need accord wheel bearings pressed into my cl hubs when they arive rite? this is what i gather from my reading my father runs a machine shop so I have access to there 2 hydraulic presses. Will the 4 bolts I get with the accord bearings bolt rite into the CL hub and do the holes need to be alinged on compression? im asuming they do but Im pretty sure the bearing casing would just spin untill they lined up for me after being pressed in. Thanks for any help guys,
            also one quick note quick note I have CL rotors.....but for the 4cy...with these I can retain stock calipers and pads rite? are these 10.2" diameter and the 3.0L would be the 11.1"?
            Last edited by CB7EX-R; 04-24-2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I would just bang them in with a rubber mallet. fuck using a press.
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

Comment

if they go in that easy I will for sure even though I have acess to a press "I just asume do it like taking out ball joints......

Comment

I honestly dont remember if they went in that easy. they probably didnt. I sorta recall having to use my uncle's hydraulic press, but Im not sure if that was to separate the knuckle from the old hub/bearing or to press the new hub into the new bearing, or both.

I do know, however, that I used the mallet method to get the new hub/bearing into the knuckle.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

Comment

ya that makes sence i'll order my hubs and see how things go at worst I have free access to a press so wort comes to worst I have to get a friend to drive me 15 mins away lol

Comment

Working...
                    X