replaced rotors, master, pads no pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced rotors, master, pads no pedal

so I just threw in some Brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors, some brembo pads, and a new master cylinder.

I bled the brakes a few times each and got the air out (so i thought) and took the car for a drive, I dont get brakes till about the floor. wtf? do i need to do somethin with the brake booster? is the little bottle next to the master cylinder the brake booster? this is on a 91 non abs accord with nissan calipers. I dont understand why I dont have a petal at all until the floor.
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

the little bottle should be your clutch reservoir. your brake booster is the huge circular looking thing the master cylinder sits on top of. (correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure im right.) as far as the braking at the floor check to make sure you don't have a hole in one of your lines draining out all your fluid. Thats what i think i could be but don't quote me on it.
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

ya ill check that out, i didnt notice any holes in the lines but I guess i never know, im gonna go bleed the brakes yet again today and see if i get any kind of petal. thanks!!!

ninja edit: im not leaking any fluid as my master cylinder is still full after driving it about 20-30 miles. (had to get home) so I dunno, i think the person that was working the brake petal as I was bleeding it let there foot off the brake before I could get the nipple to tighten back down. would that cause air to get in?
      i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

no prob glad i could be of a little bit of help
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
          ninja edit: im not leaking any fluid as my master cylinder is still full after driving it about 20-30 miles. (had to get home) so I dunno, i think the person that was working the brake petal as I was bleeding it let there foot off the brake before I could get the nipple to tighten back down. would that cause air to get in?
          Yes it is possible.

I would recommend getting a set of speed bleeders like these:

http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/

Those would make the job easier and require only one person for brake system bleeding.

A friend of mine got some for his cd5, but unfortunately they didn't fit his application, or mine.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
            A friend of mine got some for his cd5, but unfortunately they didn't fit his application, or mine.
            was this his order mistake? or were they shipped out incorrectly?

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Originally posted by lowakkord
              was this his order mistake? or were they shipped out incorrectly?
              I'm not certain. I'm sure he had placed an order for 90-97 non-abs accords, but the speed bleeders didn't fit the akebonos or nissins.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

those speed bleeders sound awesome. im gonna order me a set of em this friday. now my car has rear drums so will these bleeders work for my drums too? and also should I bleed the rear drums with the e-brake on or off? thanks a lot guys I cant wait to get my petal back and see how these brembo pads and rotors stop!!!!

Comment

did you bench bleed the master cylinder first?? sounds like the system wasnt bled properly/completely.

anyways, should stop better...you wont notice a huuuge diff in braking, less brake fade though.
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Sears has a bleeder kit for like $5-6. I have used it with some success and it allows you to do your brakes yourself. Here it is.

Originally posted by deevergote
                    When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Working...
                    X