Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Brakes Seizing

Hello all,

I recently had an issue with my brakes: The front two brakes clamped down so much that I couldn't drive. When I finally stopped the front brakes were smoking.

Blaming the calipers, I replace the entire system with an Acura Vigor setup. (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...87#post1108987)

Problem: The brakes still clamp down and become really hot when driving. It seems as though the brakes don't really un-clamp once I lift my foot off the brakes.

since I've replaced the calipers, rotors, pads, lines, all there is left are the master cylinder and the vacuum booster in terms of the brake system.

Which of the two might be causing this problem?

Thanks for your help. I could really use this car during school.
    DEVOTE

^^
    DEVOTE

Comment

19 views and no input ....just make something up, I'll believe it.
      DEVOTE

Comment

Perhaps the check valve of the booster is not working correctly?

If air isn't being let out properly, when the brake pedal is released, it may cause the brakes to remain in the clamped position.

Any feedback in terms of brake pedal feel?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix

Any feedback in terms of brake pedal feel?
          hey thanks palinix,

the brake pedal is hard like a rock, once this happens.
          DEVOTE

Comment

weird, try this. with your car off. push down on the pedal until it gets hard.just to see what happens. sounds like your master cylinder is fucked assuming you have bled the system fine. and your using the correct size pad for the rotor/caliper combination(have you ruled out its not a custom brake job problem?)

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
              weird, try this. with your car off. push down on the pedal until it gets hard.just to see what happens. sounds like your master cylinder is fucked assuming you have bled the system fine. and your using the correct size pad for the rotor/caliper combination(have you ruled out its not a custom brake job problem?)

yeap, there is no issue with the new brake swap, b/c this seizing problem was the reason for the brake swap in the 1st place, but the issue still remains.

I am getting a new master cylinder put in on Monday, we'll c then.

If thats not the problem all I have left is the Vacuum Booster to replace...dang, that will be another $200
              DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                I am getting a new master cylinder put in on Monday, we'll c then.

If thats not the problem all I have left is the Vacuum Booster to replace...dang, that will be another $200
                Good idea. Start with the simpler, less expensive stuff first. In the end if it turns out not to be the master cylinder, you'll still have a newer, better working piece in place.

These minor fixes are a pain aren't they?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
                  Good idea. Start with the simpler, less expensive stuff first. In the end if it turns out not to be the master cylinder, you'll still have a newer, better working piece in place.

These minor fixes are a pain aren't they?

yes, yes they are a pain in the ass...I really think I have a lemon of a CB7...but I <3 it anyways.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

yeah this is a uber thread revival, but anyways, the brake issue is fixed.

Someone adjusted the brake pedal travel all the way down so that it was not able to travel far back enough for the master cylinder to release pressure...so after several days of driving, the master cylinder would lock up.

All I did was turn the small pedal travel screw several times and everything was just dandy. I actually never realized how well the Vigor brakes worked until after this lol!

and to think all I had to do was replace the entire brake system, replace the master cylinder twice and voila...!

Issue solved
                    DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                    X