$1,000 abs computer needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1,000 abs computer needed?

This guy selling this car says if needs $1000 abs computer to bleed the brakes. Ive never heard of that. Is this true?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/413096141.html

ive got the abs computer thats in the right side panel in the trunk if thats what you need 93 ex

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
      This guy selling this car says if needs $1000 abs computer to bleed the brakes. Ive never heard of that. Is this true?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/413096141.html
      Sadly thats actually true, Honda Has a special tool to bleed the abs system. It simulates hard braking and makes the abs system come on while standing still.

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81
        ive got the abs computer thats in the right side panel in the trunk if thats what you need 93 ex

thanks i dont need it. I just couldnt believe what i was reading so i had to ask.

Comment

He probably means it needs an ABS part that likely costs upwards of 1000. My ABS pump has gone out and its upwards of a grand to 1500 to fix.

Until then, the brakes still work, but the ABS doesn't. No need, really. I don't brake that hard, and if an emergency occurs, well, I'll use my skills to make up for it... I'll get it fixed when I can afford it.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

No...ive had this appraised at both Honda and an average Mech. Both said upwards of $1000, start to finish. Of course Honda's price was a tad higher, but they can do that

My ABS light has been on since i bought the car 2 years ago. Does that mean i dont have ABS? Cuz if thats the case, i might as well just remove all the shit anyway. Madd Jay-Dee-eMM w8t reduktion yO!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
              No...ive had this appraised at both Honda and an average Mech. Both said upwards of $1000, start to finish. Of course Honda's price was a tad higher, but they can do that

My ABS light has been on since i bought the car 2 years ago. Does that mean i dont have ABS? Cuz if thats the case, i might as well just remove all the shit anyway. Madd Jay-Dee-eMM w8t reduktion yO!
              Yeah, same with my car. That's what I was thinking. It sucks that it's so stinking expensive to fix. But I'm not fixing the brakes that are worth more than my whole car. hahah. I'll just pulsate my foot ultra fast when I'm sliding to death.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Yeah...Id utilize my e-brake, but ive had it tightend once already and theyre may be no more slack to tighten it. If thats the cae, its like $700 or $800 to fix that(i think).

So i dont even have an e-brake. ill just do my best and try to not get into those kind of situations. Seatbelts and "steering into the turn" are my best friends

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

if i were you, id buy that car, and take abs out.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                  X