Tire width, how wide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire width, how wide?

How wide of a tire will fit on stock 5.5 wheels? I have searched and cannot seem to find the answer. If this has already been posted, sorry I can't find it.
    I am wondering if 205-50 will fit on my stock ex wheels. I need new tires and I am trying to buy some that I can swap to a set of new wheels when I get the money, which will probably be 15x6.5 or 15x7.
    Thanks

i've mounted a 205/55r15 at work on a 91 accord stock rims....it didnt really make that much diffrence

Comment

Originally posted by wht91ex778
      How wide of a tire will fit on stock 5.5 wheels? I have searched and cannot seem to find the answer. If this has already been posted, sorry I can't find it.
      I am wondering if 205-50 will fit on my stock ex wheels. I need new tires and I am trying to buy some that I can swap to a set of new wheels when I get the money, which will probably be 15x6.5 or 15x7.
      Thanks
      should be able to fit a 205-50 on there... i wouldn't go any wider though

Comment

if u go any wider than 205 it will soften the side wall

Comment

Alright so 205-50 it is, thanks for the info

Comment

I use to have 205/60-14 on my old steelies...worked like a charm.

check out the 1st page of my MR thread: LINK
            DEVOTE

Comment

I ran a 205/55/15 before. It is a little taller which makes it just as tall as 195/60/15 so your speedo will be right, and as long as you don't have more than a 2in drop it shouldn't rub. On stock wheels if you are looking for a tire that fits nice and looks nice and will work on a 15x6.5 wheel try a 195/55/15. They are kinda uncommon but they look nice on my wheels. I recommend a Falken ZE 329.
              vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

stock ex rims, i have 205/55's and there is a slight bulge but it is about perfect.
                id worry about the 50 series sidewall creating such a tight bulge that the tire would just roll over unless you run a higher PSI.

im running the prelude si's with 225's and i scrub a bit but the turning is fairly on par with a 205. the straight line traction is just unbelievable. need to increase my tire pressure though.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hmmm I think Im gunna run 205/55 after seen this topic

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Falken ZE512

195/55
                    195/50

on a stock 15" wheel,

What do you guys think would look nicer?

Comment

55 series.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X