What do you think? Tire size question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think? Tire size question!

Right now im running 195 60 15 on my stocks but Im about to get some 16 x 7 wheels with 35MM offset for the whip and I noticed they are several options in tire sizes for a 16" rim. I can get some 205 55 16 at a very reasonable price so I was just wondering if those would look good on the rim size above?

I'll really appreciate some of you guys input
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

IMO, the tires will look too big. Most people run a 55 series sidewall on 15" rims. Some people even run 50 series tires with 15's and they're just slightly too small. On 16's, I've seen people run either 45 or 50 series tires.

I checked on the tire calculator as well. It seems your speedometer will be reading a bit slow, compared to the tires you have on there now. A bit too fast I don't mind, but a speedometer that's a bit slow is a good way to get a ticket if you're not used to it.

If it were me, I'd hold off and get some smaller tires. But then again, it's not me.
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

I have a 195 55 15 on my car after having a 195 60 15 and feel like they are small looking compared to the 60 series.. on a 16 I would go with a 50 series.. but besides the look I like the 55 series. I think next I'm going with a 205 55 15 or even a 50 series on a lower drop

Superior Tuning Solutions
      Dedspool MFG
      1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
      LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

The most accurate sizing would be 205-50/16. I think it looks good, looks a little beefy some people say but looks like a good track size. Aside from that many people use 45 serias as already mentioned. It is gonna throw off the speedo a bit and will look a lil smaller than they should.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
          The most accurate sizing would be 205-50/16. I think it looks good, looks a little beefy some people say but looks like a good track size. Aside from that many people use 45 serias as already mentioned. It is gonna throw off the speedo a bit and will look a lil smaller than they should.
          The problem is that I cant find 205 50 16 in a good brand at reasonable cost(atleast for me). I have a certain amount in mind to spend for my new wheel/tire combo. 205 55 16 seems ok to me actually. Seeing that Im riding on 195 60 15 now the increase in 1" rim size and the reduction of the sidewall to 55 profile as oppose to 60 should look a little better than what i have currently. I dont wanna go 45 or 40 because my roads are not the smoothest.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

205-55-16, car lowered about an 1.5"

195-50-16, car lowered 2.5"

sry its not an accord, but you get the idea on the tire sizes

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Just worry about keeping the overall diameter the same.

215/50-16 would be great on overall diameter, and it would "bulge" a little bit, and give you a pretty meaty looking tire.

Comment

205/50-16 Bridgestone Potenza G009, you will love them.

That or you can go with 195/55-16.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
                DEVOTE

Comment

Why would you want a skinnier tire with a larger sidewall, though?
                  Get a 215/50-16.

Comment

195/55-16

The 55 refers to the size of the side wall

55% of 195 = 107.25mm

205/50-16

50% of 205 = 102.5mm

There is very little difference. In terms of inches that is a 3/16" difference.

The goal is to maintain overall tire diameter. The difference in diameter between the 195/55-16 and 205/50-16 is apprx. 5/16"...negligible.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

My point is that you're getting a skinnier tire with a proportionally larger sidewall. That's pointless. Get a wider tire. It'll give you more available traction and give better handling.

Comment

Dean, I'd say stick with 205/50/16 tires

Oooooooold picture, taken 3 years ago..16x7.5" +35 with 205/50/16 all around..I believe I had 1.5" drop at the time? H&R Sports

What's your budget for tires, if you don't mind me asking? I'd look into either Toyo T1R or Yokohama S-Drive...I believe they have the sizes that you are considering, and I'm sure you'll love both of them

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

205/50 all the way mate, check ebay or jegs.com for tires.

i would say as far as affordable i would get bfg sports, or kdw2

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                          X